Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post Issues

I bought some expensive weatherby ammunition a few years ago from wolverine, 5 boxes, $100+ a box.

Short story the package came squished and so were the ammo boxes, they played it off to the shipping company. Not their problem that there was 5 boxes of ammo in an oversized box with no packing material.

Last thing I bought from them ans will not again

Quote Originally Posted by BigDirty View Post
    The package was not delivered to that address though that’s the problem. A delivery attempt was not made and it was signed for by someone at the post office.
    Please send me a summary of what you know took place then I will look into this on Monday. Something is not "adding up".

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
    Call Canada Post, I had a similar issue with a pistol magazine, tracking system was marked as delivered, but I didn’t receive it, I called to submit a claim, next day the postal inspector called me explained what happened: my magazine was placed in a wrong mailbox in my building, they found it and placed in my mailbox, they are pretty serious about lost mail claims
    I get the feeling that if it had just slipped into someone pocket rather than an easy fix then that would just be the end of it for them.

Where I am in Alberta the post office does not do any signed deliveries. Period. Items including large elongated firearms boxes are simply left on the front door step. This had been the case for months now because of the covid. So unless this happens to be different where you are then nobody would have had to sign for it or even could have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    Where I am in Alberta the post office does not do any signed deliveries. Period. Items including large elongated firearms boxes are simply left on the front door step. This had been the case for months now because of the covid. So unless this happens to be different where you are then nobody would have had to sign for it or even could have.
    Yep. Even parcels requiring proof-of-age and a signature are just left at the door because they don't want to cause a risk to public health due to covid. They say they don't. They say they take them back to the post office. However, in practice, they don't and instead habitually leave these signature-required and proof-of-age parcels on doorsteps. What's worse is they will even fake a signature or proof of age just so they can mark it as "complete". Better that then them actually having to their job properly, right?

So in their mind it's better to leave parcels unattended, knowing full well they handle firearms on daily basis. Clearly a gun ending up in the streets is not a big of a risk to public safety as a virus with a 99% survival rate in the eyes of Canada Post (which is pretty much what I was told when I called to complain). If there ever was a risk to public safety, it comes not from an overblown virus, but from these incompetent unionized clowns.
    Last edited by btabin; 01-24-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Yep. Even parcels requiring proof-of-age and a signature are just left at the door because they don't want to cause a risk to public health due to covid. They say they don't. They say they take them back to the post office. However, in practice, they don't and instead habitually leave these signature-required and proof-of-age parcels on doorsteps. What's worse is they will even fake a signature or proof of age just so they can mark it as "complete". Better that then them actually having to their job properly, right?

So in their mind it's better to leave parcels unattended, knowing full well they handle firearms on daily basis. Clearly a gun ending up in the streets is not a big of a risk to public safety as a virus with a 99% survival rate in the eyes of Canada Post (which is pretty much what I was told when I called to complain). If there ever was a risk to public safety, it comes not from an overblown virus, but from these incompetent unionized clowns.
    They will twist their laziness and entitlement into virtue, 10 times out of 10. Weren’t the teachers just up in arms over online learning right before this ?

So did someone sign for it at the local post office and picked it up from there? I would go to the post office and ask them. Normally a proof of ID is required for any pick up from a post office.

Canada Post said some on came and picked it up from them. They clearly did not check the id.

This is more of a issue with Canada Post, but beyond the initially inquiry from Wolverine to CP. They have not assisted, and every time i call CP they tell me the sender has to be the one inquiring. I have asked Wolverine and its been radio silence on there end

My Wolverine parcel went to their local post office and is still sitting there since Jan 14. Things must be really backed up, hopefully that’s the problem

CGN Regular
    I had a similar issue with Canada post. Had a package that was signature required and got a notice that it was delivered but the signature on it was not mine. I went to the canada post outlet ad my package was there. I asked the lady who's signature it was and she said it was most likely the man who tried to deliver it as they did not want to risk getting a real signature. The thing is I was home that day and watched the mail truck just drive by my house without stopping. IK called and filled a complaint but have heard nothing back from it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast