Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CUSTOM: MRA The Shorty..Renegade Rifle Build 223 Wylde 9.75 inch Barrel

Business Member

CUSTOM: MRA The Shorty..Renegade Rifle Build 223 Wylde 9.75 inch Barrel

Attachment 453545

CUSTOM: MRA "Shorty" Renegade Rifle Build 223 Wylde 9.75" Barrel

$1899.99

Available here

* optic shown in image not included.BULLSEYE CUSTOM BUILD: "Shorty" Renagade Rifle Build223 Wylde
    9.75" Barrel
    MRA Defiance Muzzlebrake
    Triggertech Trigger
    Triggertech Ambi Safety
    Tacstar carbon fiber forend
    Magpul PRS Gen 3 Fixed Stock
    Firearm OAL 31"The MRA Renegade is a novel, spring assisted, straight pull, magazine fed firearm design. It is composed of a proprietary receiver, bottom metal, and proprietary bolt carrier with integrated, swap-able left or right hand charging handle. This builder kit is compatible with a wide variety of commonly available firearm parts and accessories. In this way, the user can build a rifle to meet their specific utility and budget.The Renegade is designed and intended to not be capable of discharging ammunition in a semi-automatic fashion. The design is novel and is not derived from any restricted or prohibited firearm. Due to the action type and novel design, this firearm meets the legal standard of a non-restricted firearm as per the Canadian Firearms Act and related Regulations. The minimum overall length when assembled into a working firearm must be over 26″ to meet the standard of non-restricted.
    Spring-assisted, manually-operated, straight-pull bolt action
    Side-charging handle can be mounted to Left or Right side (ejects to the Right always)
    Integrated QD port at the rear
    Extra-flared magwell
    Designed and manufactured entirely in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    I’m in

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    I’m in
    Is this a giveaway thread?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    it looks cool, but what a strange choice for a stock on a rifle like this.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Really? At that point get a bolt action....
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Use a Luth fixed stock. They’re open so they don’t look as heavy.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Yeah, very strange. Ultralight handguard, super heavy buttstock. At least you could sell it, replace it with something more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Really? At that point get a bolt action....
    Inclined to agree, but a straight pull action on the supporting hand side would be marginally quicker than a bolt action on the firing hand side.

For me, I don't see the point in a barrel that short in .223 on a manually cycled action. It's not for CQB if it's not semi-auto. And .223 loses so much velocity in a short barrel, it's not going to be useful for anything at range. It's got all the disadvantages but none of the advantages. It might more sense as a .300 blackout.
    Last edited by Astute Observer; 01-17-2021 at 08:31 PM.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    I like the fact that companies are staying alive with this straight pull AR stuff but its just not my thing. It would make me feel sad to buy it. And .223 is very weak out of a short barrel like that , a PCC is more capable . Especially a 10mm one .

Let's go for a paddle!
    Dr. Catenstein Acres: "Nobody is welcome!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Yeah, very strange. Ultralight handguard, super heavy buttstock. At least you could sell it, replace it with something more useful.

Inclined to agree, but left a straight pull action on the supporting hand side would be marginally quicker than a bolt action on the firing hand side.

For me, I don't see the point in a barrel that short in .223 on a manually cycled action. It's not for CQB if it's not semi-auto. And .223 loses so much velocity in a short barrel, it's not going to be useful for anything at range. It's got all the disadvantages but none of the advantages. It might more sense as a .300 blackout.
    Seen builds elsewhere on the forum like this. The idea is a truck/atv/tractor/horse compact firearm, though the stock seems a little much for this. Also the "cool" factor of having something that looks like an AR"ish" SBR. Some spec-ops guys interviewed on Garandthumb agreed with you on the range, saying the sweet spot to maintain compactness, but still be able to reach out and touch something was 11" to 14". One fellow mentioned opening up from a rooftop at night after doing a breach, having the short rifle with no suppressor give his position away, and then not being able to hit back against people shooting him from the surrounding rooftops

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast