Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WX-MCR complete rifles in stock.

Does anyone have any tips on Assembly and removal of the Firing Pin Retaining pin I have had a ##### of a time getting it out now I can't get it in

What's the main difference between the X version vs the S version?
    Et pluribus, unum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    "What's the main difference between the X version vs the S version?"
    See post #3 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Collector View Post
    Does anyone have any tips on Assembly and removal of the Firing Pin Retaining pin I have had a ##### of a time getting it out now I can't get it in
    Is the pin a roll pin? Lots of posts on the roll pin eventually breaking. The only way to get it out and back in is with a brass punch.

It should be replaced with a AR15 split pin - those can also require some effort but lubricant helps.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz2377 View Post
    What's the main difference between the X version vs the S version?
    Same DK with different names

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Is the pin a roll pin? Lots of posts on the roll pin eventually breaking. The only way to get it out and back in is with a brass punch.

It should be replaced with a AR15 split pin - those can also require some effort but lubricant helps.

Mine came with a Standard AR-15 pin but now after looking at other examples online I think the end of the pin has been bent making it tremendously difficult to pull out and insert I will have to buy a new one!
    Last edited by Canadian Collector; 12-24-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Collector View Post
    Mine came with a Standard AR-15 pin but now after looking at other examples online I think the end of the pin has been bent making it tremendously difficult to pull out and insert I will have to buy a new one!
    I have bent them back gently with a pair of needle nose pliers - sometimes not so gently.

Quote Originally Posted by correctaccount View Post
    Why do manufacturers that (allegedly) want to be taken seriously name products “Xtreme” like it’s still 1998?
    The guy that owns Xtreme Gun is an accomplished F-Class Shooter as well is an excellent machinist. He builds his own rifles for LR/F-Class competitions and is a walking talking library of knowledge when it comes to anything within the firearm industry. For someone to question his abilities and his commitment to the firearms community from the name of his shop should really practice thinking before they talk more often.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LR1250 View Post
    The guy that owns Xtreme Gun is an accomplished F-Class Shooter as well is an excellent machinist. He builds his own rifles for LR/F-Class competitions and is a walking talking library of knowledge when it comes to anything within the firearm industry. For someone to question his abilities and his commitment to the firearms community from the name of his shop should really practice thinking before they talk more often.
    That's good to know, thank you for the information. A name can't convey those kinds of important details :-).
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I'd like a Galil/original upward cocking handle. Will you do it?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast