Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Dlask! TUF-22 Silver/Pink/Black Christmas build for the wife

Thanks Dlask! TUF-22 Silver/Pink/Black Christmas build for the wife

picture hosting

Thanks Dlask for getting me 90% of the parts I used for this build for the wife's Christmas present! She loves it and it shot amazing from the first trigger pull. The only ruger parts are the BX trigger pack cause its the best bang for the buck for a drop in 10/22 trigger upgrade. Kevin M of CGN took my wifes pink laminate stock from her old 10/22 and chopped approx 4" off the front, cut a deeper channel for the bull .920 bull barrel and then refinished it. I put the magpul handstop on the stock so she doesn't accidentally shoot her fingers off running the gun with the thread protector only. Its actually pretty comfortable to grip. She opened up all of the parts today and we assembled the gun together. Tried to make the best out of this Christmas away from our families and do something fun together! It turned out great and the gun ran flawlessly after we were done! , even with low powered CCI sub sonics. I originally just got her clear Ruger 10 round mags so she could keep them separate from my black ones but I found this idea on rimfire central. We dyed them with Fuschia Rit to get them a nice pink translucent hue and im happy with the results and didnt push my luck boiling them too long in the dye. Hopefully Dlask gets a resupply of the TUF-22 hi-caps again soon so we can have some real fun with this gun. We might cerakote a bunch of the small black parts, trigger housing, buttpad, etc silver at some point, but my wife is happy with the way it looks now. Ive been pretty happy with Dlask 10/22 parts in the past, you can see them on my other 10/22's but this is my first Dlask receiver. Man there is no comparison with Ruger. My other Ruger receivers feel like sandpaper in comparison when you rack the bolt, even with an aftermarket bolt like Kid installed. This Tuf-22 with a Kid bolt is so butter smooth.

Thanks Dlask Merry Christmas!

Its NON-RESTRICTED - It measures well over 26" or 660mm overall length with the short barrel . Barrel was installed on brand new bare receiver if you are worried about that sort of thing. Butler Creek Mag in photo is pinned at 10 rounds. Takedown shown with Dlask 9" Carbon fiber barrel is non restricted/over 26" 660mm as well.

I think this is all of the parts...

Ruger 10/22 factory laminate pink stock cut back 4", barrel channel reamed out to fit .920 bull barrel and stock refinished.
    Dlask TUF-22 Crushed Silver Cerakoted receiver
    Dlask 8" SS Dimpled Bull Barrel threaded 1/2x28
    Tac Sol Extended Mag release
    Tac Sol 22LR Compensator
    AR-15 crush washer
    Magpul handstop
    Bandara pink/black Sling
    Uncle Mikes sling swivels/sling hardware
    Ruger BX Trigger pack
    Kidd Auto bolt release
    Kidd Bolt with kidd springs/firing pin/extractor complete
    Kidd extended charging handle and spring
    Ruger receiver pins
    Kidd bolt buffer
    Dlask bull barrel v-block
    Bushnell 1-4x scope
    sunoptics 1" low rings
    5 x Ruger BX clear 10 round mags dyed pink
    Last edited by gutinater; 12-24-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Be nice thread if you posted a pic

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1971 View Post
    Im posting a bunch. Be patient grasshopper. The 1st post is being updated with images as I get them uploaded

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Now that's a cool 22!!!

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter1971 View Post
    Are they showing up now?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post
    Are they showing up now?
    They are indeed.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    They are indeed.
    Thanks Jay!

Nice work! Nice, extra touch with the dyed mags also. They really add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by gutinater View Post

picture hosting

Thanks Dlask for getting me 90% of the parts I used for this build for the wife's Christmas present! She loves it and it shot amazing from the first trigger pull. The only ruger parts are the BX trigger pack cause its the best bang for the buck for a drop in 10/22 trigger upgrade. Kevin M of CGN took my wifes pink laminate stock from her old 10/22 and chopped approx 4" off the front, cut a deeper channel for the bull .920 bull barrel and then refinished it. I put the magpul handstop on the stock so she doesn't accidentally shoot her fingers off running the gun with the thread protector only. Its actually pretty comfortable to grip. She opened up all of the parts today and we assembled the gun together. Tried to make the best out of this Christmas away from our families and do something fun together! It turned out great and the gun ran flawlessly after we were done! , even with low powered CCI sub sonics. I originally just got her clear Ruger 10 round mags so she could keep them separate from my black ones but I found this idea on rimfire central. We dyed them with Fuschia Rit to get them a nice pink translucent hue, if you go too long they dont get pinker they start turning red so im happy with the results and didnt push my luck boiling them too long in the dye. Hopefully Dlask gets a resupply of the TUF-22 hi-caps again soon so we can have some real fun with this gun. Thanks Dlask Merry Christmas!

Its NON-RESTRICTED - It measures well over 26" or 660mm overall length with the short barrel . Barrel was installed on brand new bare receiver if you are worried about that sort of thing

I think this is all of the parts...

Dlask TUF-22 Cerakoted receiver
    Dlask 8" SS Dimpled Bull Barrel threaded 1/2x28
    Kid Auto Bolt Release
    Tac Sol Extended Mag release
    Tac Sol Compensator
    AR-15 crush washer
    Magpul handstop
    Bandara pink/black Sling
    Uncle Mikes sling swivels/sling hardware
    Ruger BX Trigger pack
    Kid Auto bolt release
    Kid Bolt
    Kid extended charging handle and spring
    Ruger receiver pins
    Kid bolt buffer
    Dlask barrel v-block
    Bushnell 1-4x scope
    sunoptics 1" low rings
    Ruger BX clear 10 round mags
    That is one sweet build.

Congrats to you both and Dlask.

Quote Originally Posted by coalharbour View Post
    Nice work! Nice, extra touch with the dyed mags also. They really add to it.
    Thanks. Im glad I found this:

http ://tincanbandit.blogs pot.com/2016/03/dying-magazine-for-ruger-1022.html

http ://tincanbandit.blogs pot.com/2016/03/the-pink-1022.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast