Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current shipment delays with Canada Post

Quote Originally Posted by CAN338lapua View Post
    I'll start off by saying it sucks to not get a parcel in a decent amount of time.I work for Canada Post out of Ottawa.I work inside just off of Merivale Road.I unload and load every truck that comes in.For us that last week before Christmas it was super quiet.I mean June, July volumes.Never seen that before.When Covid first started it was Christmas volumes, insane!Canada Post doesn't suck.It's possibly location,location,location.Maybe some people don't take pride in what they do.I speak on behalf of everybody where I work.They go above and beyond!I know everybody on my side because it's 2 different stations in one building.They normally do 200+ scannable items a day each at Christmas.This year, week before Chritmas,maybe 50-80.Bad experiences suck!I get it.Don't lump us all together Please!
    Just wanted to speak up and advocate for Canada Post, it’s not a perfect service but I have rarely seen a postal worker in recent memory that wasn’t busting their ass to get #### done. Postal workers have been put through the wringer this year and I think we could maybe be a little more empathetic about it.

That said, I have had a package marked as “Item delayed - Stay tuned for updates.” for the last 9 days now. So that isn’t all that swell.

Couriers are a great option if you need something ASAP and I wish more retailers had those options available, hopefully in the future.

Big Thanks to any and all postal workers who see this.
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Quote Originally Posted by snipersyn View Post
    I am interested in a future purchase, however given the current and brutal backlogs that Canada Post is in, I am curious if there other couriers you also deal with? If so, does the Dec 31 free shipping offer for purchases above $200 apply to this?

I don't want to have to deal with Canada Post ever again.
    We currently only offer Canada Post to ship by at this time and that is what would be used whether it is the free holiday shipping or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CAN338lapua View Post
    I'll start off by saying it sucks to not get a parcel in a decent amount of time.I work for Canada Post out of Ottawa.I work inside just off of Merivale Road.I unload and load every truck that comes in.For us that last week before Christmas it was super quiet.I mean June, July volumes.Never seen that before.When Covid first started it was Christmas volumes, insane!Canada Post doesn't suck.It's possibly location,location,location.Maybe some people don't take pride in what they do.I speak on behalf of everybody where I work.They go above and beyond!I know everybody on my side because it's 2 different stations in one building.They normally do 200+ scannable items a day each at Christmas.This year, week before Chritmas,maybe 50-80.Bad experiences suck!I get it.Don't lump us all together Please!
    Thanks for your service, we all love getting stuff in the mail and it won't happen without you guys, so thanks again!

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    As stated above, lots of butt-breaking workers but are they trying to catch up the lag of a broken system? If bezos ever put in a bid to deliver nationally, CP would be in hot water methinks.
    Just received a pair of aics 223 mags i ordered 2 weeks ago, which couldve been sooner but tolerable to me.

Big thanks to Dustin for helping me out with parts advice as well. My LSS will be up and running in short order.
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12