Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current shipment delays with Canada Post

Current shipment delays with Canada Post

I am interested in a future purchase, however given the current and brutal backlogs that Canada Post is in, I am curious if there other couriers you also deal with? If so, does the Dec 31 free shipping offer for purchases above $200 apply to this?

I don't want to have to deal with Canada Post ever again.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

I would not ship via Canpar, who is also seriously backlogged. The package I was supposed to receive on 12/18 is still in limbo somewhere.

Every shipping company out there is backlogged. It’s just the nature of this time of year. On top of the fact much of the country is locked down so even more people are ordering online. Cold hard reality is if you want something you gotta be patient.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by vkyle91x View Post
    Every shipping company out there is backlogged. It’s just the nature of this time of year. On top of the fact much of the country is locked down so even more people are ordering online. Cold hard reality is if you want something you gotta be patient.
    Not true.

Canada Post is the worst. Everything coming by Canada Post is delayed, everyone else can get the job done.

Very true, while yes Canada post is the worst every company is suffering from delays. As I said it’s the nature of the beast for this time of year.

CGN frequent flyer
    Not really though, Canada post is bay FAR the absolute worst. Those people are completely unaccountable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sometimes, depending on where you are, I don't have a problem with them, some delay are to be expected but for the price compared to other shipping service, they are fine! I had a parcel shipped from the EU. Took 3 weeks to get through customs, but when it was released ( in Vancouver) it was delivered in 3 days, got it on 23rd dec. . Which was the minimum time they suggested it would take!
    Having said that, if the item has the bad luck of going through Quebec,( Montreal) all bets are off, that place is a black hole! Toronto isn't as bad but things do slow down a bit going through there!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Sent a pkg. via Purolator last week.
    Burlington ON to Gatineau QC.
    Dropped it off at 1pm... Delivered 10am next day.
    $21.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

It is funny that amazon which started deliveries this year...is able to meet demands for holidays. A company that this is all the do(ship) you'd think would have a better process for this uptick they get every year since they have opened their doors.

I'll start off by saying it sucks to not get a parcel in a decent amount of time.I work for Canada Post out of Ottawa.I work inside just off of Merivale Road.I unload and load every truck that comes in.For us that last week before Christmas it was super quiet.I mean June, July volumes.Never seen that before.When Covid first started it was Christmas volumes, insane!Canada Post doesn't suck.It's possibly location,location,location.Maybe some people don't take pride in what they do.I speak on behalf of everybody where I work.They go above and beyond!I know everybody on my side because it's 2 different stations in one building.They normally do 200+ scannable items a day each at Christmas.This year, week before Chritmas,maybe 50-80.Bad experiences suck!I get it.Don't lump us all together Please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast