Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do i need to get setup, complete beginner waiting for his PAL

BANNED
    My advice is:

Buy once, cry once.

Most firearms and accessories can be pretty expensive and like tools, you get what you pay for. I will use optics as an example, if you are looking to get a 4-16x40 scope for your rifle you should save your beans and get something decent as compared to an el-cheapo model (aka NC Star).

The SKS is a super fun rifle, cheap to own, and cheap to shoot. The biggest problem is all the time it takes to clean it after shooting some surplus ammo.

The CZ457 is a sweet rifle that you cant go wrong with.

CGN Regular
    +1 on the .22

Never gets old. Still enjoy shooting my 30 year old 10/22 not to mention it is my go to grouse gun. Lost count of number of rounds fired, would guess 5000+ on it.

Bought my son a CZ457 for his 16th b-day this April and the CZ goes to the range every time with him regardless what else we bring. The CZ has probably 2000+ rounds through it already.

Good thing about .22 at the range, you can shoot it one round after another and the barrel never gets hot.

https://ibb.co/94ZkBnq

Here is what the CZ457 with a Vortex Crossfire 4x12 can do at 100 yards (CCI SV). 3 shots before adjustment.
    Last edited by Andrew28; 12-30-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Photos Added

The Range in Langley is popular but suggest a la carte to begin as membership is expensive. Membership a lot cheaper at DVC in Poco but shorter range suitable only for handguns. I'm a member of Langley R&G but haven't been back since stepson #2 threw one into the roof.

As others have mentioned, Crown Land difficult now as too many yahoos left brass and garbage when they left. Still looking myself for a decent legal spot.
    Rust Never Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    My advice is:

Buy once, cry once.

Most firearms and accessories can be pretty expensive and like tools, you get what you pay for. I will use optics as an example, if you are looking to get a 4-16x40 scope for your rifle you should save your beans and get something decent as compared to an el-cheapo model (aka NC Star).

The SKS is a super fun rifle, cheap to own, and cheap to shoot. The biggest problem is all the time it takes to clean it after shooting some surplus ammo.

The CZ457 is a sweet rifle that you cant go wrong with.
    Thanks for the info ive always told myself rhat too, i want to buy rifles that will last! And dont cheap out on scopes... Hence i got a friend holding onto a cz457 for me until i can legally posses it. Picked up a vortex diamondback for it too!

I feel sks are great to learn from in many ways. Dis/rereassemble and clean
    Shooting a bigger calibre, learning about its history.

Doesnt hurt the bank if want to turn into a project and bubba it up too!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Oh, get yourself a magnetic bowl. Easier to keep all the hardware together when disassembling.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12