Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leupold releases DeltaPoint Pro Micro

Should have made it fiber optic and tritium so no fat ass was hanging out

Looks like it would get in the way of racking the slide.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Think of it this way: you can now get a red dot on your pistol that is not milled for one.
    Yeah, but there’s still a stupid plate between the slide and the gun. All you get is low bore axis and cheap co-witness.

I don't link it and I'm a huge fan of my DPP+Glock combo which I prefer even more than the RMR setup.
    I think the new model is a step backward.

Super Moderator
    I think this new model is intended for a different application than a DPP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Pretty expensive ghost ring
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Yeah, but there’s still a stupid plate between the slide and the gun. All you get is low bore axis and cheap co-witness.
    It appears to sit flush with the top of the slide. There is a piece that goes into the dovetail for the rear sight which the rest of the dot bolts to, but I don't see there being any plate between the optic and slide?

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I think this new model is intended for a different application than a DPP.
    Exactly. If you've already got your slide milled, then this is probably not for you. This seems to be for people with no other means to mount a red dot who would otherwise be stuck with irons as their only option.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    It’s equivalent to a plate to me, the sight attaches to the dovetail piece which attaches to the slide. Maybe someone will torture test it, but I think direct milling and attachment is much better for a defensive gun.

I feel like it would be really hard to find the dot. Like the concept though.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    I feel like it would be really hard to find the dot. Like the concept though.
    That was my first impression too, but now I'm not so sure. The tube is so long and narrow you probably can't see through it very well unless its pointed straight, and it appears that you can find it pretty quickly if you are looking for the front sight through it.

I would love to try one. Probably wouldn't buy one, too niche, but it would be cool to see how functional (or not) it is.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast