Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Leupold releases DeltaPoint Pro Micro

Super Moderator
    When many (most?) folks who are used to shooting with irons first try an optic, they have real trouble finding the dot. They are accustomed to sighting right down the top of the slide, where the sights are.
    With this optic, I think that the same approach would work, and it would be very fast to pick up the dot.
    I suspect that this unit would be most at home on a carry pistol. It is small, low and compact.

This optic gives you three different options for sighting. It has a standard style rear iron sight, the tube can be used like a ghost ring for close quarters where you need quick acquisition, and a red dot. It’s a unique piece of kit that wasn’t designed for everyone. I don’t think it has a place in competition where you want your dot fast. But in a self defence situation it would give you the quick ghost ring to place rounds in a general target then get a dot for precise rounds. It requires no mods to the slide which is nice and the battery can be changed without removing the sight so no loss of zero. The only thing I would like to see in the next gen is to put the battery compartment directly behind the slide vertically so it doesn’t stick out quite so much. OWB shouldn’t be a problem but IWB especially AIWB that battery would dig into your gut.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    The working end profile is something that I could get use to; however, that side profile? Not so much. Get rid of that awful looking hump and I'd be in, even at that price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Colion Noir just dropped a video on this. He claims trying to find the dot is quite easy, you just try to shoot it like you would an iron sighted gun and the dot appears for you.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    It is cool that Leupold will at least try different things like this and the HAMR, etc.

[youtube]Frct9oKGJrs[/youtube]
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    That is weird.

I like it.
    I know , right ?
    I don’t want to like it but I do ....reminds me of the Honda Element lol .

Also how to you get into your striker channel for maintenance etc? You lose zero

This thing is silly

CGN Regular
    Looks like a huge pain to service the slide

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Instructor Zero has a video where he is making goods hits on a small target.

Then he shows the Glock has NO sights on it. Done by muscle memory.

I would think if you are serious and train with it, it will work well.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast