Page 65 of 100 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616263646566676869707172737585 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The CZ858 was $699 back in 2007 and went gradually higher. The VZ 58 non res started at $999 I believe and was last sold at $1,399. I would very much prefer both of them compared to the type 81, also because there are endless aftermarket parts available and especially the VZ was a beauty of a gun in regards to finish and accuracy. The type 81 in my opinion is just for giggles since many people confuse them with a prohibited AK. I am glad I sold all but one folder. The finish of the bipod on the LMG still brings tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    The CZ858 was $699 back in 2007 and went gradually higher. The VZ 58 non res started at $999 I believe and was last sold at $1,399. I would very much prefer both of them compared to the type 81, also because there are endless aftermarket parts available and especially the VZ was a beauty of a gun in regards to finish and accuracy. The type 81 in my opinion is just for giggles since many people confuse them with a prohibited AK. I am glad I sold all but one folder. The finish of the bipod on the LMG still brings tears to my eyes.

Good points the cz/CSA rifles where all around a better quality rifle but the type 81 dose have its place
    At the price they are? Not so sure. The dollar for dollar the type 91’s I believe fall a little short

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    Ahhh i see where I messed up. I was talking about the CSA 858 not the VZ58...... yea there was a huge difference there. I dont think I would want a VZ58. They were crude.
    CSA 858?? you mean CZ 858 .They all have the same parts pretty much , Only difference is the CSA guns had new receivers, tabbed carriers and polymer furniture . The CZ built 858 and VZ58 guns were better quality in my opinion, they were built the same as the military issue guns minus the full auto.. only downside was the gremlin, fixed by tabbing the carrier .

CGN Regular
    I have had multiple CZ858's and each one had issues. Every rifle ripped off the case after running it for long enough, and one broke a firing pin from dry firing, I've never had a rifle break a firing pin from dry firing. Mind you this was not repeated dry fire practice, just dry fire as part of checking safe.

I think the Type 81 is superior to the CZ858 other than accuracy. My Type 81 is a solid 4 moa gun whereas the cz858s were pretty consistently 2 moa guns with barrels in good condition. HOWEVER the CZ858s didnt come with chrome lined bores OR chambers. The Type 81s have chrome lined bores and chambers which make it very reliable. After hundreds of rounds my type 81 didnt have any problems with any kind of ammo (laquered, copper washed cases etc).

The VZ58's are probably better rifles than T81s in new milspec condition but the CZ858's left a lot to be desired. The cz858 has better balance and ergonomics, but the type 81 is built like a tank compared to the cz858.

Also my type 81 is laser straight and tight, no misaligned anything. YMMV

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingcat View Post
    I have had multiple CZ858's and each one had issues. Every rifle ripped off the case after running it for long enough, and one broke a firing pin from dry firing, I've never had a rifle break a firing pin from dry firing. Mind you this was not repeated dry fire practice, just dry fire as part of checking safe.
    Never seen that to be the case . I have tens of thousands of rounds through many 858s . It can happen if you have major lacquer build up in your chamber from surplus ammo, you have to clean the chamber with solvent and a brass brush , especially with a non chrome bore version .. If this was a problem with the rifle in general it would have never been adopted by the Czechs...

Fired my T81 LMG for the first time, after 50 rounds the wood pistol grip chipped....otherwise the action is smooth and iron sight is fairly accurate.
    Last edited by Bravo 2; 01-30-2021 at 09:37 PM.

I have a question any chance on mounting a scope on this rifle ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo970 View Post
    I have a question any chance on mounting a scope on this rifle ?
    TI is almost ready to release a mounting bracket that uses the existing rivets of the Type 81 rather then requiring drilling. It will likely appear similar to the Gnutzguy installed in the Youtube video below, though positioned differently, and allow mounting scope side mounts similar to those pictured in the video. TI hasn't confirmed this, but I suspect they will bring in some scope mounts to bundle with the bracket for those who don't already own them, in addition to just selling the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnutzguy's Youtube channcel
    PS: GNutz guy's volume and cadence in concert with the clicks and scrapes of the installation almost makes this a gun enthusiasts ASMR video

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    TI is almost ready to release a mounting bracket that uses the existing rivets of the Type 81 rather then requiring drilling. It will likely appear similar to the Gnutzguy installed in the Youtube video below, though positioned differently, and allow mounting scope side mounts similar to those pictured in the video. TI hasn't confirmed this, but I suspect they will bring in some scope mounts to bundle with the bracket for those who don't already own them, in addition to just selling the bracket.

PS: GNutz guy's volume and cadence in concert with the clicks and scrapes of the installation almost makes this a gun enthusiasts ASMR video
    Yup, however we'll be using custom designed replacement hammer pin and receiver pin that are threaded at the end, then thread right into adapter plates. Our first adapter plate will be for a picatinny mount, but will have plates for some cool side-mount optics eventually
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by tactical imports View Post
    yup, however we'll be using custom designed replacement hammer pin and receiver pin that are threaded at the end, then thread right into adapter plates. Our first adapter plate will be for a picatinny mount, but will have plates for some cool side-mount optics eventually
    eta?