Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    ETA 4 weeks
    Excellent! Thank you for the update!

what will we have to do to get replacement wheels for our drums this round?

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goune View Post
    what will we have to do to get replacement wheels for our drums this round?
    Replacement wheels will be available below cost ($29) on website in approximately 4 weeks time
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Went out to the range today, about -20. She ran reliably, ejection seemed a bit inconsistent so I'll keep an eye on it. Ran some Russian copperwashed and some Czech borrowed from a friend - Russian was about 4-5in at 100; Czech surprised me at about 2in at 100 - probably a one off but I was sure happy to see that.

Should I clean all the shipping oils out of the t81 or is it meant to be left in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent Tiger View Post
    Should I clean all the shipping oils out of the t81 or is it meant to be left in?
    Clean... then reoil or grease

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent Tiger View Post

G96 would be good in this weather. Good down to -59 if I recall

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    How about replacement tree wheels for the drums? Do you have them or are they en route to you?
    Are they any different from what is in mags already or just the same replacement part? Are they breaking or something?

Quote Originally Posted by M1CAustin View Post
    Are they any different from what is in mags already or just the same replacement part? Are they breaking or something?
    The wheel that's in there now its a flat plate of steel with 2 rectangles cut into it for it to fit the 5 rounds required by law. If you've ever seen inside of an AK47 drum mag before it has whats called a tree plate inside. Its the true internal mechanism for this drum whereas the one that comes with it is 75% true ( only the top portion of the wheel has been replaced with the flat plate ) the replacement will allow people to have a fully authentic 75 round drum. Before removing the original internals that are set to 5 rounds you must first drill and install a pop rivet into the wall of the magazine so once you do replace the internals with originals you have not broken any laws. If you were to replace the internals then rivet it after technically you'd be temporarily in possession of a prohibited device and nobody wants to lose their guns and go to prison for 10 years so avoiding that is ideal. In the end nothing is broken but a bunch of us like the way the original internals look so we are opting to get them.

Got mine yesterday. Phosphate looks great. Only issue with mine is the carry handle screw was stripped so I just replaced it with a rivet. Bad design to use one rivet and one screw. Thanks TI for bringing these in and hopefully we can get some side folding stock versions.