Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

CGN Regular
    Are these things sighted in for 6-oclock hold or something? out of the box 100m setting was hitting 12 inches low at a 50m target, and 8 inches low at 300m setting.

Quote Originally Posted by derr12 View Post
    Are these things sighted in for 6-oclock hold or something? out of the box 100m setting was hitting 12 inches low at a 50m target, and 8 inches low at 300m setting.
    I had to significantly adjust the front sight on both of mine - one was 6 inches to the left and low the other was 12 inches to the right and low.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Both of my Type 81s were perfect windage wise, but 12" low @ 100m.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4me View Post
    IF you tell Canada post customer service the contents are a firearm they actuslly will create an urgent request.
    Someone will most likely call you that day or the next. And somehow a "scan" may show up. This is all assuming it isn't truly lost...
    But you may not feel comfortable telling them the contents so that's up to you
    This was my exact experience when they had an issue with a rifle I'd purchased in November, got a call back ASAP they apologized and were very nice overall, got me a resolution in a day. I did the same thing the other day as my LMG has had no update since the 12th in Calgary and I got a boilerplate email telling me that if they haven't had an update by Feb 2nd they will escalate the ticket. Knowing that CP policy hasn't changed in 2 months I am assuming the COVID issues in Mississauga are causing the delay which is why they aren't as responsive or treating it with any level of concern.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer svt1940's Avatar
    I got my LMG today yay! Very happy with it,everything is tight as should be. The bluing is actually very nice,better than my Type 81 rifle. Already took the guts out to clean and inspect. Carry handle lock in each positions,bipods same. Definitly a keeper! Might try to get another one a bit later if still available. I know manys fellows find the price high but honestly, for $1500 canukistan kopek,too nice to not get 1 or more. I will need a drum soon to complete. thanks TI !
    member CCFR membre

Quote Originally Posted by svt1940 View Post
    I got my LMG today yay! Very happy with it,everything is tight as should be. The bluing is actually very nice,better than my Type 81 rifle. Already took the guts out to clean and inspect. Carry handle lock in each positions,bipods same. Definitly a keeper! Might try to get another one a bit later if still available. I know manys fellows find the price high but honestly, for $1500 canukistan kopek,too nice to not get 1 or more. I will need a drum soon to complete. thanks TI !
    Congrats, I love mine too!! I ordered a side mounting plate to eventually mount a SVD style scope to it later.

Did u check underneath the safety plate ?

About $600 too much for the abysmal quality of these things. Machining rougher and sloppier than a drunk first year apprentice just figuring out how a mill works. Very obviously old stock materials that have been rusting, being painted and prettied up. Absolutely zero effort to deburr any machined surface and sloppy tolerances to boot. Using endmills chewed to hell and dull as a dollar store butter knife. I have seen some sloppy SKS' out there, but nothing like this. It's cool, but is no where near worth what they are asking for these things. Most of the parts were made in the 20th century left to rot in a warehouse or they chose to use the cheapest materials they could find with minimal effort to clean them up.

An expensive lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    About $600 too much for the abysmal quality of these things. Machining rougher and sloppier than a drunk first year apprentice just figuring out how a mill works. Very obviously old stock materials that have been rusting, being painted and prettied up. Absolutely zero effort to deburr any machined surface and sloppy tolerances to boot. Using endmills chewed to hell and dull as a dollar store butter knife. I have seen some sloppy SKS' out there, but nothing like this. It's cool, but is no where near worth what they are asking for these things. Most of the parts were made in the 20th century left to rot in a warehouse or they chose to use the cheapest materials they could find with minimal effort to clean them up.

This is about 80% bullsh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post

sounds like someone who will never be happy