Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    I already have an LMG.. so I want a rifle as well. Diversity is our strength, lol
    I want all the NRs I can get my grubby fingers on...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick933 View Post
    I want all the NRs I can get my grubby fingers on...
    I'll second that�� thank God my wife shoots too or I'm sure I would have gotten divorced by now. Although I did get one hell of a sour look when my 5th gun cabinet was dropped off the other day.
    Last edited by firearms_enthusiast-1987; 01-15-2021 at 11:59 PM.

ETA on drum retrofit instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by podlesok86 View Post
    ETA on drum retrofit instructions?
    If you simply can't wait for TI's. Gnutzguy on YouTube has a video out. Its pretty easy though, dremmel the weld bead on either side of the wing nut, remove wing nut depress button on front of drum and take out internals. Drill a hole by the first locking bracket where the removable rear of the drum connects to the main body, about an inch away from the top of the mag, rivet it and install the new wheel. The video is very straight forward. My description is very crude compared to the video.

Quote Originally Posted by firearms_enthusiast-1987 View Post
    If you simply can't wait for TI's. Gnutzguy on YouTube has a video out. Its pretty easy though, dremmel the weld bead on either side of the wing nut, remove wing nut depress button on front of drum and take out internals. Drill a hole by the first locking bracket where the removable rear of the drum connects to the main body, about an inch away from the top of the mag, rivet it and install the new wheel. The video is very straight forward. My description is very crude compared to the video.

Yes good video!

I would add that I think his measurements are off when he says pin at about 26mm from the tower... I just measured the Romanian drum that I received pinned to 5.5 rounds and it is 31mm from the tower as measured below... this is from the tower to the center of the 5/32 inch rivet... maybe do 30mm to be safe. If pinned to 26mm from the tower my particular drum wouldn’t even fit 5 rounds. It is possible the TI drum dimensions are different, best to measure and figure this out for yourself before drilling any holes.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-16-2021 at 06:08 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post

I would add that I think his measurements are off when he says pin at about 26mm from the tower... I just measured the Romanian drum that I received pinned to 5.5 rounds and it is 31mm from the tower as measured below... this is from the tower to the center of the 5/32 inch rivet... maybe do 30mm to be safe. If pinned to 26mm from the tower my particular drum wouldn’t even fit 5 rounds. It is possible the TI drum dimensions are different, best to measure and figure this out for yourself before drilling any holes.
    Its because you took your mesurement from the base of the tower, and in the video he took it from the base OF THE PLATE of the tower.....

^^^This^^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    Its because you took your mesurement from the base of the tower, and in the video he took it from the base OF THE PLATE of the tower.....

Quote Originally Posted by Duff350 View Post
    Fine but still off... to the base OF THE PLATE of the tower is 22mm so the “26mm” would leave you with 6 rounds!

My point is do NOT trust that measurement and make sure you measure YOUR distance as the measurements given may be wrong!
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

Thanks guys this is exactly what I assumed you’d do but it’s nice to see it done!!

Quote Originally Posted by FannyBayR1 View Post
    Thanks guys this is exactly what I assumed you’d do but it’s nice to see it done!!
    If you are referring to video instructions we are still waiting on TI to release those... however a fellow gun nut released his take which I think is very well done and sufficient.