Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455565758596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 LMG Shipment 3.

Quote Originally Posted by staryoskol View Post
    E-mail them and let them know. The bolt has a stake in it, making removal extremely difficult. They will send you a new grip and new bolt with no stake, just have to cut the old grip and bolt off with a dremel or sawzall. Took me 2 minutes to get it off and install the new one.
    Damn! Cutting off a pistol grip on a brand new gun... hot damn..... yeah I emailed them. Are there instructions on how to do it? Like do I literally have to cut off the grip to remove the stake bolt? Any videos?

Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    Damn! Cutting off a pistol grip on a brand new gun... hot damn..... yeah I emailed them. Are there instructions on how to do it? Like do I literally have to cut off the grip to remove the stake bolt? Any videos?

No instructions or video...just take the dust cover off, take the guts out etc. Then literally cut the grip and bolt in half, pull the bolt out from the top and throw it all away. Install new grip and bolt as usual. Take note of the orientation of the threaded nut so you don't get it backwards when you put the new one on. It's easier than it sounds, any problems just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    ^from the place you mention. but internal upper wheel cut-out for 5 rounds, rest of internal wheel is flat and not cut-out.
    So it’s the same as the drums offered here?

Quote Originally Posted by staryoskol View Post
    No instructions or video...just take the dust cover off, take the guts out etc. Then literally cut the grip and bolt in half, pull the bolt out from the top and throw it all away. Install new grip and bolt as usual. Take note of the orientation of the threaded nut so you don't get it backwards when you put the new one on. It's easier than it sounds, any problems just PM me.

Sweet! Thanks man! Just waiting on tactical imports to reply.

CGN Regular
    Are you guys sure you can’t just crank the nut tighter? That’s how I fixed a lose pistol grip on a type 81 folder.

CGN Regular
    Deleted
    Last edited by armilaria; 01-24-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress View Post
    Are you guys sure you can’t just crank the nut tighter? That’s how I fixed a lose pistol grip on a type 81 folder.
    I can’t on mine. Its super tight! Almost stripping the top.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    King of 7.62x39

Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Very surprised tactical imports still has some in stock. But also everyone seems to have bought them just to sell them right away haha

CGN Regular
    Can someone explain the pistol grip issue. I can’t budge mine. What is stake in the bolt mean?

Thanks.