Thread: Norinco 7.62x54 New Production

Norinco 7.62x54 New Production

Anyone try this stuff out yet ? On the website it says new production but says corrosive Ive seen it advertised elsewhere as non-corrosive, curious if it actually is corrosive or not ! Cheers

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondor View Post
    Anyone try this stuff out yet ? On the website it says new production but says corrosive Ive seen it advertised elsewhere as non-corrosive, curious if it actually is corrosive or not ! Cheers
    Buy some and nail test it. Otherwise I would just assume it's corrosive honestly. Most of the countries buying this are dirt poor ****holes that don't care one way or the other.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

CGN frequent flyer diabeticfreak's Avatar
    I always treat ammo like it's corrosive just to be safe. I've heard horror stories from people who have used Barnaul that said non corrosive on the box that turned out to be corrosive.
    "The greatest honour history can bestow is that of the peacemaker."

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by diabeticfreak View Post
    I always treat ammo like it's corrosive just to be safe. I've heard horror stories from people who have used Barnaul that said non corrosive on the box that turned out to be corrosive.
    I had an awful experience with either Barnaul or Norinco Dominion 7.62x39 that rusted the crap out of an SKS I have. Truly shocking but I deserve it.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

BANNED
    I'm betting it's berdan primer, and in the same bet it's corrosive. China has way too much money into the industry of replacement over the industry of longevity for me to ever bet otherwise.

I shoot the green box modern baurnal 7.62x39/54 almost religiously.. never had it rust

You should clean your weapons after every time you shoot them!!! (ex-Sgt Maj here!!)

thanks for input, it seems there was a single batch some folks got that was non corrosive but this seems to be corrosive now all around

will probally end up ordering the barnual as I havent had issues with that , mainly prefer to shoot non corrosive, less work cleaning it, easyier with some CLP !

Cheers