View Poll Results: What Model Do You Want To See?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Model 5647

18 15.13%
  • Model 5648

5 4.20%
  • Model 5649

13 10.92%
  • Model 5650

2 1.68%
  • Model 5651

7 5.88%
  • Model 5653

8 6.72%
  • Model 5654

0 0%
  • Model 5655

13 10.92%
  • Model 5659

29 24.37%
  • Model 5660

24 20.17%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Savage Impulse Rifles, What calibers do you want to see?

Whats really funny is they copied almost exactly the straight pull bolt from the heym SR30 which is a good thing as its a really strong and smooth system. As far as complaining about the weight of the rifle, when is the last time some of you stepped on a scale and critized yourselves for being overweight.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

I'm a bit surprised they didn't put it into a chassis gun, or a proper varmint rifle, would like to see 24" bbls on them, you'd think there would be people wanting to try that out in the PRS type disciplines. Suppose that will be down the road. Also a bit surprised they didn't put out a better selection of the larger cartridges like the 6.5prc & 300prc and etc. It will like ly take a couple more years and reinforcement of the conviction that it will sell.
    You should become a member
    CCFR
    CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by trapoholic View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the new savage rifles are ugly as sin?
    Are you one of those guys that think CZ makes good looking rifles lol. All kidding aside I am holding out until I know for sure Bliar and CommiTrudeau OIC will stick. I hope and pray someday I can purchase or build a nice 308 and or 6.5 creed on a modular semi-auto chasis. These straight pulls are cool but don't blow smoke in up my darker areas and say it is almost as fast as a semi. As for those that like these straight pulls and are more accepting of our current situation go for it. I am not a person who is here to flame anyone, just make a poke in jest, cause I can.

How about a nice quality walnut in 7mm-08? Prefer 7x57, but I guess that's not going to happen.
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatural21 View Post
    That 110 has just a plastic stock and the Impulse has an accustock. The accustock is quite heavy for what it is. There was essentially no weight difference between the accustock on my 110 tactical and the MDT LSS-XL that replaced it. IIRC, my 110 tactical is listed around 8.8lbs with a fluted 24" barrel. That's probably a more fair comparison, and weighs about the same as the new rifles. Seems to me like the weight savings from aluminum receiver are roughly cancelled out by the barrel extension and extra bolt parts
    Good catch. I missed that part. I was aware that the accustock is not light.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    9.25 and 12 respectively
    Fail!!

Getting a long-barreled .308 one as soon as I can, I've been waiting for an affordable lefty-friendly straight pull for so long

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Whats really funny is they copied almost exactly the straight pull bolt from the heym SR30 which is a good thing as its a really strong and smooth system. As far as complaining about the weight of the rifle, when is the last time some of you stepped on a scale and critized yourselves for being overweight.
    Many of us hunt where a 15km day is pretty average. It's not ontario flat either. You carry all the weight you want to your treestand. I won't judge...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    Many of us hunt where a 15km day is pretty average. It's not ontario flat either. You carry all the weight you want to your treestand. I won't judge...
    While what you say is true, most of us also have more than one rifle to choose from depending on what type of a hunt it will be

I'm quite interested in the predator 308... will wait for some actual reviews and would want to handle one though before making final judgement.
    Last edited by hawk-i; 01-08-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    The expanding ball bearing lockup into an aluminum receiver, seems like a problem waiting to happen? Iam sure some engineering went into the design, but I have to wonder if these are going to stand up especially in high pressure chamberings.
    The bolt locks to a steel barrel extension.