Thread: Do we need to upload picture of drivers license?

Do we need to upload picture of drivers license?

I have already uploaded a picture of my pal, is the drivers license mandatory?

It seems to be consistently asked for, so I'd say yes.

I was asked for this recently as well, from a vendor who never asked for it before. Seems to be a by-product of the 5/18 changes:

The transferor (seller) will need to ensure that the transferee (buyer) who presents themselves for a transaction looks the same as the photograph on the firearms licence presented. This may be more difficult in the online environment.

The transferor (seller) may ask the buyer to engage in a video call or other means that would allow the transferor (seller) to have confidence that the persons presenting themselves as the transferee (buyer) and the licence the transferee (buyer) presents are the same. Alternatively, if a visual comparison is not possible, the transferor (seller) may ask the buyer to present a second photo ID that is issued at the federal, provincial, or municipal level.
    https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...rring-firearms section 1 (a) i (2) - page was last updated 5/18

Oddly enough it only seems to apply to non-registered firearms.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities" - Pierre E. Trudeau

potential breach of privacy information. Looks like no more online purchases of non-registered firearms.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by masterYo View Post
    potential breach of privacy information. Looks like no more online purchases of non-registered firearms.
    There is no more "non registered" firearms purchases...online or otherwise. The registry is back, just works a little differently.