Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman DPMS SBR first day review.

Crosman DPMS SBR first day review.

Well, my buddy, Ryan at SFRC sent me a Crosman DPMS SBR which arrived today.
    I picked it up after work, and while the sun was out, I get it set up and blew through 4 C02 powerlets before the wife got home and it was time for dinner.

So in the spirit of the Good, Bad and Ugly let's start with the Ugly.

The grip is suitable for smaller hand, rather rough but ok, and I will replace it as I have Magpul extras hanging around.
    However, the rear trigger guard mount is very rough, and I hate it but can be easily fixed with a little sandpaper, but I was having too much fun today to deal with it.

The Bad (and it's not Bad at all) I did have one failure to feed with 4 C02 powerlets. Many BBs shot, too many to count. However, the failure to feed was operator induced, as I was holding the mag while shooting and my fingers stopped the mag feed, and a BB jammed up against the mag well. My doing and only happened once.

The other bad (tongue firmly planted in cheek) the SBR arrived in the box turned inside out.
    Rather funny, and I can understand why, seeing the picture, the Post Office would go, well Postal!

The Good, I had a Sightmark Ultra Shot A-Spec hanging around for the other tactical rifles that go bang in a big way. Ok, this sight cost more than this SBR, but hey it's fun and quick for short-range gunfights.

I did a very quick and dirty sighting in, and then from 30 to 35 feet away, started shooting my .22 cal metal targets and used 340g aerosol paint cans.

Even from 35 feet, eye protection is a must. I heard BBs flying around. After following the reviews, I bought the Hornady .177 Black Diamond Steel BBs.
    They worked very well, including in the Speed Loader. I was also gentle with the plunger of the speed loader, having heard that some have broken theirs. I will wait to see how long it lasts, but it is great to have and works very well.

As reported in the reviews, this is way too much fun. Full auto is fun for but semi-auto is more enjoyable.
    At 1,400 rounds per minute, mag dumps are done in 1.1 seconds.
    So thank God this is not a .308 as I would have just spent $500 on ammo. Ryan would be happy, my wife... not so much!
    Last edited by RAConnol; 09-18-2018 at 10:11 PM.

That looks so fun!... How much are these?

Ryan sells them at SFRC or $250 plus shipping

I broke my plunger immediately, it didn’t really work though. My bad I gave it a slap to try and get it to do it’s job, it refused, oh well back to the modified funnel. Apart from that mine worked great, love the controls!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I bought one of these during their last sale.

I'm very pleased with mine as well.

Topped it with a Vortex Crossfire red dot for now. The gun is soda can accurate out past 40 feet from my testing so far.

Trigger pull on mine is super heavy but other than that I'm very pleased with mine.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

I purchased one of these and it ran for about 20 minutes and a couple hundred Hornady Black's, then something in the "BCG" let loose and it's now inoperable. Hopefully get it fixed on warranty because it's pretty cool throwing it in the full auto mode.
    Last edited by Bombsquad68; 09-19-2018 at 10:07 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    then something in the "BCG" let loose and it's now inoperable. Pretty neat gun, going full auto was fun while it lasted.
    (418) 682-3000 Gravel Customer Service. Can get that fixed up for you.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Interesting toy. Crosman literature states up to 430 fps. Do those that have shot this, feel or confirm this is an accurate spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest1488 View Post
    Interesting toy. Crosman literature states up to 430 fps. Do those that have shot this, feel or confirm this is an accurate spec?
    This video should help answer your question.

CGN Regular
    Look forwARD to getting mine in the mail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast