Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military Surplus Yugoslavian M57 Tokarev Pistol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My Yugoslavia military M57's have no safety! some that went to the U.S. Had to have safeties added and I believe the commercial/non surplus one have some type of safety! The ones I have also have the Yugo crest although not all surplus M57 do.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

That's right. The original M57 was a pure copy of T33 without any safety. Probably your pistols landed on the continent before ATF applied import restrictions at the firearms without safety. Zastava started adding safeties at all pistols, including surplus ones.
    "They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is." - Norm "Hoot" Hooten

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmazay View Post
    That's right. The original M57 was a pure copy of T33 without any safety. Probably your pistols landed on the continent before ATF applied import restrictions at the firearms without safety. Zastava started adding safeties at all pistols, including surplus ones.
    Does yours have a safety?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Yes. The one I had (sold) was M57A with the safety on left of the slide. It also couldn't shoot without a magazine. My Russian and Polish surplus TT33 don't have safety and I can discharge them without a magazine inserted.
    "They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is." - Norm "Hoot" Hooten

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nice, good to see other admirers of the Tokarev pistols, maybe Canfire will show us pics of these so we can tell which they are!

I’d second the request for a picture of the left hand side.

My M57 doesn't have any safety. I believe those are the same as well. tempted to buy another one

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, if you are into milsurp firearms or just these, get them while you can at these prices, they may be around for 5 years or gone next month. Fun pistols and they fire a wicked little pill!

Do they have the Yugoslavian crest on the slide top?
    You're out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12