CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Savage Model 64F Rifle, Semi-Auto .22 LR - $159.99

  1. #1
    Business Member RangeviewSports's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Newmarket, ON
    Posts
    610

    Savage Model 64F Rifle, Semi-Auto .22 LR - $159.99


    Rangeview Sports Canada
    1111 Davis Dr. Unit # 28B
    Newmarket, ON L3Y 8X2 Canada

    Visit Online: www.rangeviewsports.ca/
    Phone: 905-868-6666
    Email: service@rangeviewsports.ca

    Facebook | Instagram| Youtube

  2. #2
    Member CheesyBalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    94
    I really don't need another one of these but they're so god damn cheap

  3. #3
    Member axeprecision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesyBalls View Post
    I really don't need another one of these but they're so god damn cheap
    I have 4 of these...don't ask me why.

  4. #4
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Posts
    4,872
    To those who own one, are these any good?

  5. #5
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Airdrie, AB
    Posts
    4,513
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    To those who own one, are these any good?
    Great little guns. Just don’t expect the aftermarket support like a 10/22.

    Oh what I’d give for short barrel options...

  6. #6
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Posts
    4,872
    Thanks for the feedback. I may pick one up for rabbits.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    To those who own one, are these any good?
    Yes and no. When it feeds ammo it works great and is a very nice flat shooter. I think the issue is more with the mags than the firearm itself where it destroys ammo in the chamber when feeding. I'm talking 2/10 rounds per mag are getting stuck or fed half-way. Mine will not accept hollow points, only round nose.

    I've used Winchester White Box, CCI Mini Mags, Federal 525, and American Eagle bulk. I've only found that it works consistently with the Mini Mags.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    31
    Best bang for your buck for a semi 22lr. Most work great right out of the box. Some need the mag slightly filed or sanded to operate correctly. Mine needed the magwell dropped slightly, the mag was sitting too high in the receiver. Bolt would rub against the lip of the mag. Every second shot would stove pipe. 2 5cent washers from home hardware added to the screws as a spacer and it shoots flawlessly now. I’d recommend buying one. You can buy 2 or 3 of these for the price of a ruger 10/22. And they have been manufactured for many years so there are a lot of parts out there if you ever broke something or wore it out.

  9. #9
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkeats View Post
    Best bang for your buck for a semi 22lr. Most work great right out of the box. Some need the mag slightly filed or sanded to operate correctly. Mine needed the magwell dropped slightly, the mag was sitting too high in the receiver. Bolt would rub against the lip of the mag. Every second shot would stove pipe. 2 5cent washers from home hardware added to the screws as a spacer and it shoots flawlessly now. I’d recommend buying one. You can buy 2 or 3 of these for the price of a ruger 10/22. And they have been manufactured for many years so there are a lot of parts out there if you ever broke something or wore it out.
    Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or if your standards for expectations from your firearms is very low.

  10. #10
    CGN frequent flyer p.Rundle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Posts
    1,286
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or if your standards for expectations from your firearms is very low.
    "bang for buck." honestly for an extra 10 cents that's not too bad. i would be annoyed to deal with it, but to each his own.
    Lawyers can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •