Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 919212223242526272829303132333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulun Arms SS-211 at Tactical Imports!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Nice job on the strap, that's exactly what this unit needs.

I'd probably run a sex bolt for the front instead of a screw but that will keep your hand from the danger zone and also help breaking it open! Well done.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Uber Super GunNutz barrett50cal's Avatar
    Thanks Can-down. Agree that the front should have been a sex bolt (/ ~Chicago screw) like the one at the back. I did root around for one, then got impatient and used what was on hand. I might replace it later with a sex bolt by enlarging the hole to accept the barrel nut.

Quote Originally Posted by barrett50cal View Post
    I wasn’t planning on buying — until I learned there were some with ejectors, and discounted too.
    Mine opens easily and ejects well.

I embraced my inner bubba and used a piece of leather belt to make a hand strap.
    Rules had already been broken, so why not.

I used the existing rear Chicago screw, but added locktite and cranked it hard to compress the leather and get a good bite. I had to carefully drill for the front screw, but am fairly confident it is strong and won’t crack. Fingers crossed.

Attachment 469182

Attachment 469183
    That strap is exactly what I had in mind for mine, along with the stock extension the other guy did haha.

Funny, the short buttstock is one of the things I like most, and why I am currently favouring keeping my "defect" model over the other one. And the back of the palm on my support hand is literally touching the trigger guard when I shoulder it so I'm not sure what practicality the strap serves, seems unnatural to put my hand that far forward, but to each their own I guess. I'm still having a hard time deciding which one to keep though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacotsmith View Post
    Funny, the short buttstock is one of the things I like most, and why I am currently favouring keeping my "defect" model over the other one. And the back of the palm on my support hand is literally touching the trigger guard when I shoulder it so I'm not sure what practicality the strap serves, seems unnatural to put my hand that far forward, but to each their own I guess. I'm still having a hard time deciding which one to keep though.
    Have you shot it yet?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Haha, no. Good point. My 12" XO12 is quite reasonable with low-recoil slugs and buck as well as mini-shells though, so I am hoping for a similar experience. But I don't like firing heavy loads even in a hunting-length shotgun, so I don't plan on testing the fortitude of my shoulder with these little guys either.

When I shouldered mine I found it really hard to not have one of the corners of the butt pressing into either the top or the bottom of where I had it shouldered, ended up biting me a bit when I had it in a bad spot and didn't have a great grip on my forend. I'm making a strap for mine today.

I've decided to sell my "nice" one. That way if I bubba up my defect model I won't feel so bad LOL.

I have one of the "nice" ones. Besides shaking all that hidden Turkish sand out after shooting it for the first time, it was a blast (literally). Put one of those Decelerator butt pads on it. Added an extra squishy inch for LOP. Shot 7.5, 6, 5, 4, 00 and some low velocity slugs. A longer stock would make it perfect, but, thats just a first world complaint. Love it and will be out again with it this week to try 3" shot/slugs and see how my shoulder handles it...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sixty9santa's Avatar
    Any chance of short barrels, double triggers, full stock, ejectors and a steel receiver?
    "Genius begins great works, but labor alone finishes them." Joseph Joubert

To all with TDS: Trump for Prime Minister!!!