Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulun Arms SS-211 at Tactical Imports!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    If it is marketed as a pistol by manufacturer, then RCMP will in most cases consider it designed and intended to be a handgun (ie aimed and fired with one hand). Also, can anyone actually use the stock on a mare's leg? It's like 4"
    That still doesn't make sense though. Again, the Henry Mares Leg have 12+" barrels, and are pistols stateside but rifles here. If the RCMP was basing their classification based on how they're marketed by the manufacturer then they would all be handguns in Canada which clearly isn't the case.

And No, you pretty much can't use the stock, that's the whole point. With a real stock it would be a SBR in the states due to barrel length, and practically nobody would buy them at that point.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    That still doesn't make sense though. Again, the Henry Mares Leg have 12+" barrels, and are pistols stateside but rifles here. If the RCMP was basing their classification based on how they're marketed by the manufacturer then they would all be handguns in Canada which clearly isn't the case.

And No, you pretty much can't use the stock, that's the whole point. With a real stock it would be a SBR in the states due to barrel length, and practically nobody would buy them at that point.
    One of the nice things about the SS-211 is the useable stock, we designed to be small enough for compact dimensions but also long enough to be able to be shouldered. Pistol grip only and things like mare's leg are not all that effective in practice
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Stocks look different in your photos. Which version is the actual one we'll be getting?

Last edited by Tactical Imports; 01-14-2021 at 07:27 PM.
    "Once they are gone, they are gone." -- Anonymous Sales Rep

Quote Originally Posted by aka_ryan View Post
    Stocks look different in your photos. Which version is the actual one we'll be getting?

This is your first time with Turkish shotguns, isn't it...

Expect minor cosmetic differences between batches or even individual firearms in the same batch. It's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    This is your first time with Turkish shotguns, isn't it...

Expect minor cosmetic differences between batches or even individual firearms in the same batch. It's just the way it is.
    Well, it looks to me the recoil pad is different, the checkering is different, the wood stain is different.

Minor or not is a subjective opinion. All I would like to know is which one we should be expecting, OR if it's just a luck of draw. Personally, the top one looks better to me so I would like to know which one TI actually stocks, even if it's like what you said, no guarantees, it's still worth to find out.

May be TI can chime in here. Thanks

CGN Regular

In the future, if these could be brought over in the 12" barrel, would be a beaut.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Well, it looks to me the recoil pad is different, the checkering is different, the wood stain is different.

Minor or not is a subjective opinion. All I would like to know is which one we should be expecting, OR if it's just a luck of draw. Personally, the top one looks better to me so I would like to know which one TI actually stocks, even if it's like what you said, no guarantees, it's still worth to find out.

These things are listed at under 5lbs (which is lighter than my single shot w/ a 18" barrel) so I'd want the one with the bigger recoil pad!
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular

And the action release is different. The one has a cutout. I'm hoping for the top one too. The dark wood looks better with the black action/barrel

Yea, the checkering and wood stain definitely looks more aesthetically attractive to me. +1 on the bigger recoil pad too, top one just looks more well built in general. Hopefully TI can confirm.

CGN Regular
    "double thickness rubber buttpad" is highlighted in the ad twice on the TI site, so assumption would point to the thick one pictured. Confirmation will be nice, also whenever these ship out, I'll definitely be posting pictures on arrival for show off purposes only.