Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 616181920212223242526272829303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulun Arms SS-211 at Tactical Imports!

I just got my "factory defect" extractor model last night. I was super impressed by the quality of the Turkish walnut stock and handguard. I love the patterning of the wood on the stock I recieved and it was finished well. The lockup was VERY tight...I took it apart and I thouroughly cleaned it and got all the grit and finishing particles from the action and the locking lugs. Gave a good barrel cleaning. After lubing and cleaning it out, the break action was still very tight and needs a little *tap* to open but it definitely better than before. My one gripe is the break open lever never fully resets to the center and it is always rotated to the right. Other than that...I am very happy with my *factory defect*

I got my steel receiver with extractors factory defect earlier this week. At first it felt near impossible to open/close the action and I was thinking "Jeez, what gorilla said they were a little harder to open and close than they expected." Then I realized the cosmoline had essentially glued the action and extractors shut. Squirted a bit of remoil in around all the friction surfaces and worked it around for a bit and now the difficulty is more like I was imagining from TI's description.

I'm going to try to take it apart and clean it over the weekend to see if it improves any further. If all it takes is a cleaning and maybe a little elbow grease and sandpaper then these were well worth the lower price!

Got mine yesterday and put just over a box of shells through them this afternoon. I bought an aluminum and steel one to try them both out. Don't really notice much of a difference between the two of them now they I took them apart and oiled them. The wife likes the steel one because she likes the shells flying over her shoulder when she breaks it open haha
    Last edited by enim83; 02-20-2021 at 12:33 AM.

By the way, I've tried to remove the buttstock from the receiver on my "Factory Defect" ones for cleaning, and it appears the stocks are press fit firmly onto the receivers making it nearly impossible to remove. I suppose you could remove them, but the fit would probably never be as nice. They cleaned up perfectly and operate flawlessly anyhow.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Kboehm87 View Post
    Pretty sure they said another shipment should be coming in around summer, possibly with longer barrell length options.
    I will purchase 100%

Please Delete
    Last edited by Colin L; 02-22-2021 at 10:09 PM.

yup
    Last edited by forwardsh; 05-11-2023 at 06:13 PM.

I have one of the ejector models and mine works this way: The over or under ejector only activate when the corresponding hammer is in the fired position - either ejectors activate when the shotgun is hinged open only when either hammers have been fired. How this works is that the hammer assemblies are connected to tapered rod that protrudes into either side of the receiver. These tapered rods trips the ejectors when the hammers are in fired position when the shotgun is hinged open. When the shotgun is hinged open to cock the hammers, the tapered rods recede backwards into the receiver and cannot trip the ejectors; the ejectors then act like extractors. I believe this prevents unfired shells from being ejected.
    Last edited by FuzziRhyno; 02-22-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    There is no way EVERYBODY was kung*fu fighting. No way!

Please Delete
    Last edited by Colin L; 02-22-2021 at 10:09 PM.

Went out and shot mine for the first time today, put 20 #8 target loads through it and made the mistake of trying to shoulder it a couple times. That tiny little stock hurts! Can't imagine slugs or buckshot through this little bastard. I'm gonna look into getting a leather cuff/buttpad that extends both the LOP and the cheek weld to be able to shoulder it better. Was fun as hell though.