Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sulun Arms Alofs System - Imports?

Sulun Arms Alofs System - Imports?

Did anyone have Sulun Arms reviving the Alofs system on their 2022 bingo card? I sure didn't.

Is there any chance we could get these into Canada? They're hardly practical but when has that stopped us before - besides, we can't let the Aussies have all the fun
    For those unaware, the Alofs system was a bolt-on conversion for break action, single-shot shotguns back in the 1920s:

that ####s whack

Please delete.
    Last edited by Netsquash; 10-02-2023 at 10:19 PM.

I'd have to get a single action too...
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

But why?

I don't know why...but I need

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    I'd have to get a single action too...
    Based on the description it sounds like it's a whole gun with the alofs, not just the alofs on its own.

CGN Regular
    wow. Actual Alofs system. I'm a sucker for old gun tech like these so I'm definitely interested.

Practically, it would make for an interesting addition to a take down gun being just a straight pipe in dimensions.

Now someone make a semiautomatic Huot conversion kit for the Savage Impulse straight pulls lol

Quote Originally Posted by a0jc View Post
    wow. Actual Alofs system. I'm a sucker for old gun tech like these so I'm definitely interested.

Practically, it would make for an interesting addition to a take down gun being just a straight pipe in dimensions.

Now someone make a semiautomatic Huot conversion kit for the Savage Impulse straight pulls lol
    They're definitely neat! There's tons of these old, esoteric systems that fell by the wayside decades ago that you look at as a gun owner and think "huh, sure wish we had that today."

Hopefully TI or another importer for Sulun will ask about bringing a run of these in. I get why these are being made primarily for the Australian market given their particular restrictions on magazine capacity, but they would be quite the novelty to have up here. Much like the short barrelled SS-211s and revolving shotguns we've been getting over the last few years, they'd make a fun range toy.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Man oh man, talk about something COOL that I don't 'need' BUT WANT!!!

LOL

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast