Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Sulun Arms SS-211 at Tactical Imports!

The perfect Hiking gun does exist!

Anyone know the quality of these shotguns or know of a review of one?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chillyrabbit View Post
    Long story short, if you can collapse, or shorten a firearm from greater than 660 mm to less than 660mm it is a restricted firearm.

If it starts off shorter than 660 mm and can't become shorter it is non-restricted as long as it doesn't meet any of the prohibited criteria or the other restricted criteria (semi-auto centerfire barrel length, or handgun)

That is a fixed stock firearm that can't be folded or telescoped to less than 660, that is not a prohibited firearm, not a handgun, can't discharge centerfire ammunition in a semi-automatic matter with a 470mm less barrel length. It's non-restricted

The short hand of the law for simplification is 660mm OAL is the minimum, but really it's really can't make it shorter than 660 mm, via folding telescoping or otherwise.
    Sadly, the rule isn't so cut and dry. How the rcmp decide to classify it matters too - for example the Mares Leg is usually NR, however there exists a Mares leg with a barrel that is a few inches shorter than most and that one is restricted. Because Reasons.

I have also seen a screenshot on here a few years ago of the registration certificate for a pump action shotgun with a really short barrel that was registered as a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCircle View Post
    Anyone know the quality of these shotguns or know of a review of one?
    Considering the price, I wouldn't expect a lot. For that money the only expectations I would have is that it goes bang when I pull the trigger and doesn't fall apart after a box of shells. That said I have a Turkish single shot and semi and both have served me well.
    Last edited by Suther; 01-12-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

BANNED
    FROM TI

26" OAL is restricted only if arrived at by folding or telescoping, etc. This has fixed stock/oal.

Best regards,

-XXXXX

COMMERCIAL SALES

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Sadly, the rule isn't so cut and dry. How the rcmp decide to classify it matters too - for example the Mares Leg is usually NR, however there exists a Mares leg with a barrel that is a few inches shorter than most and that one is restricted. Because Reasons.

I have also seen a screenshot on here a few years ago of the registration certificate for a pump action shotgun with a really short barrel that was registered as a handgun.

I mean the RCMP decided this one was good, even NR with a 240mm barrel. TI can't legally sell a restricted as a NR, but I'm still gonna have a nice laminated copy of the FRT in the case. It's like the Honey Badger debacle down south. ATF has the same style of classifications being OAL, barrel length and shoulder firing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ImMatt View Post
    I mean the RCMP decided this one was good, even NR with a 240mm barrel. TI can't legally sell a restricted as a NR, but I'm still gonna have a nice laminated copy of the FRT in the case. It's like the Honey Badger debacle down south. ATF has the same style of classifications being OAL, barrel length and shoulder firing or not.
    Im not questioning the legality of this gun, if you can find an FRT that says it's NR then I see no reason to doubt that. I was simply pointing out that there are examples of guns that do not collapse, fold, etc but are still R, so the simple fact that it doesn't fold or collapse doesn't automatically make it NR even though the way the law is written could make you think it should.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Im not questioning the legality of this gun, if you can find an FRT that says it's NR then I see no reason to doubt that. I was simply pointing out that there are examples of guns that do not collapse, fold, etc but are still R, so the simple fact that it doesn't fold or collapse doesn't automatically make it NR even though the way the law is written could make you think it should.
    Gotcha. It's probably the way it's written out on paper, making everyone think a gun has to be 26"+ OAL to be NR, then when something like this comes out and is below 26" but also doesn't check off any of the restricted boxes, people are confused how it's NR. We all interpreted it that way, or else other companies would have made these long ago, not just the Desperado's or Lazer XO12's of the past. Who knows how long these will keep the NR status anyways at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ImMatt View Post
    Gotcha. It's probably the way it's written out on paper, making everyone think a gun has to be 26"+ OAL to be NR, then when something like this comes out and is below 26" but also doesn't check off any of the restricted boxes, people are confused how it's NR. We all interpreted it that way, or else other companies would have made these long ago, not just the Desperado's or Lazer XO12's of the past. Who knows how long these will keep the NR status anyways at this point.
    I think one of the reasons you don't see a lot of shotguns like this is US laws - if I'm not mistaken, shotguns under a certain barrel length (18" I want to say, but don't quote me on that) fall into the same sort of regulations that SBR's do, and require a tax stamp, registration, and paperwork, which means there isn't a lot of demand for them stateside. In recent years the explosion of Turkish shotguns in our market has led to a few different examples though.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the legality of these guns in the near future though. There just isn't a lot of political will to ban double barrel shotguns, especially when there are still lots of semi auto rifles (not to mention handguns) still on the market.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Uber Super GunNutz barrett50cal's Avatar
    Extractors or ejectors?
    TI site description doesn’t say.

Anyone got anything on this shotgun? How is the lock up and feel of it?