Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pack Rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    agree weight is always a factor. but 1 lb vs 3? From the pilots i know that isnt really the type of weight they are concerned about. esp if it comes to an item which may or may not need to be used to survive.
    Same with behind the seat of a pickup truck.... not really necessary to have a "pack rifle".

I just assumed the Pack part referred to back packing but I guess it's smaller to pack in the back of your truck, plane or train as well though....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Canada, who would of guessed it. More Specific, B.C.
    Looking into reviews I found one that ends up talking about the materials used that people may find interesting. https://www.alloutdoor.com/2013/10/1...oz-felt-light/

Summary milled aluminum, carbon fiber, epoxies

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Not disagreeing that the chiappa is cheaper, but to say a 3lbs rifle is in the same weight class as a 1lbs rifle is silly. The Chiappa is made mostly of steel and the rails and sights are trashy plastic. I have yet to get mine shooting straight, so as I see it you really get what you pay for with the badger.

A threaded barrel on a 16" 22 is utterly unimportant especially if the point is keeping the weight down

The Pack Rifle appears to be well made out of nice materials and I haven't seen anyone complaining about their QC.
    My Badger shoots just fine, sights are the sheets I agree, I made some metal peeps for it or whack a metal rail on it and a small optic and all is cushty. I don't buy anything without a threaded barrel. Steel barrel will be stronger than a tube covered in plastic, imaging sliding down a hill on your back bouncing over rocks n such, that expensive barrel sure wont handle much of that. How long will that twisty open action last?, gaulling around the Aluminium pivot point or loosening up. It all looks pretty but way too much money for what it does. And a trigger guard is extra?, what's that about!.

Better options for less money out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kawicrash View Post
    Also the hipster couple that the have modelling it on the site are hilarious. What are they hunting? Edible cannabis gummie bears?

Great comment.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vern130 View Post
    My Badger shoots just fine, sights are the sheets I agree, I made some metal peeps for it or whack a metal rail on it and a small optic and all is cushty. I don't buy anything without a threaded barrel. Steel barrel will be stronger than a tube covered in plastic, imaging sliding down a hill on your back bouncing over rocks n such, that expensive barrel sure wont handle much of that. How long will that twisty open action last?, gaulling around the Aluminium pivot point or loosening up. It all looks pretty but way too much money for what it does. And a trigger guard is extra?, what's that about!.

Better options for less money out there.
    If you want to use your rifle as a skid plate that's your business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    If you want to use your rifle as a skid plate that's your business.
    Well said, but sometimes you cannot avoid it. The "sled thingy, you know"...

I dont think the given construction of this firearm can survive any rough unintended handling period.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Well said, but sometimes you cannot avoid it. The "sled thingy, you know"...

I dont think the given construction of this firearm can survive any rough unintended handling period.
    Ya. Use the right tool for the job. If the job requires the lightest thing that can still put a 22 bullet in to a rabbit then this is probably your tool.

If the job requires the lightest 22 you can beat tent pegs and toboggan with then probably not.

Don't we all have a safe now full of novelties?

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    of course
    Any word on these guns?
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

CGN Regular
    Any word on these little guys?