Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pack Rifles

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    But will there be more coming? Sorry lazy. I missed out on the last run. Badgers (I have three) are kind of like the Glocks of light, single shot .22's. These things are the Infinity's (well maybe not quite as Guchi), of the light weight single shot .22.
    We cannot even get Pack Rifle to respond to emails or calls lately
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Bumping this in hopes that it could happen.... Any chance?

CGN Regular
    Down for one as well

I call them once every 6-8 months for updates. They have had 100 receivers made for over a year now. They basically lost their barrel supplier (carbon wrapped stainless) during covid. They finally got some new barrels in about 4 months ago and they were ####. Apparently they couldn't even hold 22lr pressures, so best case they get a different batch in a few months. The manufacturer just does the pack rifles as a side gig to their machine shop business, so they never seem to be too pressed to pump them out (going on 4 years since they were last available).
    I passed on them when prophet only had a black one left and I wanted flat dark earth, then covid hit and I realized what a choosy beggar I was being...

I can see how backpackers and mountain hunters who are cutting the handles off toothbrushes and sanding that heavy coat of paint off their carbon fibre hunting rifle stocks might see the logic in paying those prices for one of these things. As a diehard flatlander, I will never even consider one...and I'm a guy who can manage to rationalize almost any expenditure for a product that is either practical enough or cool enough, preferably both. IMHO, this is neither.

The fishing accessory might just be the silliest thing I have ever seen; YMMV.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    They looked like they were well made and clearly ultra lightweight, for a just in case emergency need while long distance hiking it would save 2 pounds of effort and other then that it's something kind of cool and unique to add to a collection of takedown "survival" .22's.

SeeAll open sights has a new micro sight that is only 1.5ounces with a picatinny mount and would be a perfect match for this rifle.

Last edited by Can-down; 01-28-2024 at 03:11 PM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN frequent flyer
    I wish I could get one of these rifles for all the back country kayak fishing I do.
    If you guys ever get more I’m all in !

One with the reel and rod adapter would be absolute perfection.
    Why do they stop making all the cool stuff?
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I wish I could get one of these rifles for all the back country kayak fishing I do.
    If you guys ever get more I’m all in !

One with the reel and rod adapter would be absolute perfection.
    Why do they stop making all the cool stuff?
    Supply issues and priorities apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by theoutdoorsman View Post
    I call them once every 6-8 months for updates. They have had 100 receivers made for over a year now. They basically lost their barrel supplier (carbon wrapped stainless) during covid. They finally got some new barrels in about 4 months ago and they were ####. Apparently they couldn't even hold 22lr pressures, so best case they get a different batch in a few months. The manufacturer just does the pack rifles as a side gig to their machine shop business, so they never seem to be too pressed to pump them out (going on 4 years since they were last available).
    I passed on them when prophet only had a black one left and I wanted flat dark earth, then covid hit and I realized what a choosy beggar I was being...
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    I can see how backpackers and mountain hunters who are cutting the handles off toothbrushes and sanding that heavy coat of paint off their carbon fibre hunting rifle stocks might see the logic in paying those prices for one of these things. As a diehard flatlander, I will never even consider one...and I'm a guy who can manage to rationalize almost any expenditure for a product that is either practical enough or cool enough, preferably both. IMHO, this is neither.

The fishing accessory might just be the silliest thing I have ever seen; YMMV.
    $500 to lose 2-4lb is dirt cheap. Try and shave that off a centrefire rifle and you'll easily spend thousands. (Based on $700 for the rifle vs $200 on a rascal or little Badger). That said, just like a Kimber Mountain isn't for everyone, nor is the pack rifle. But it would be nice if they were at least available again.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Just get a savage rascal, make a stock and call it a day.

Would be cool to make something like this, seen lots of ptarmigan while hiking but never had anything I could shoot them with