Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pack Rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I admit im kinda interested. Be nice for small game while im bow hunting deer. It would also fit in my truck door map pocket and in the pocket of my rifle rack.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    If you were a bush pilot i dont think you use this. And you wouldnt really have to worry about weight tbh.

A single shot 22 for 600 is pretty out there. Also the hipster couple that the have modelling it on the site are hilarious. What are they hunting? Edible cannabis gummie bears?
    This is all we need here in BC.

Single shot $600'- rifles with no proof of any "real" bush use or any other reference either than a 9th grader's web site with mom and pop.

Really?

Not threaded, $700 plus the Communists share of 'taxes'......Single shot. It's a novelty, but an expensive one.

Not sure I’d call it a “novelty”, but definitely a niche firearm. Everyone is so used to buying cheap products from china and cheap firearms from turkey and brazil that they forget what goes into building quality products at home. I have made my ears ring too many times blasting at grouse with my big game rifles, and hiking 10-20km with a 3-4lb badger or 10/22 isn’t feasible to me. I sure wouldn’t buy one as a stand alone rifle, but certainly would to carry one as a canadian “side arm”. I have one ordered...
    I do agree that their website is terrible.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    We have made contact. Bad news is there will be no more made for at least 6 months. Good news is they have a few of each color in stock. We are buying them all and we will post here what rifles (colors) and which accessories we end up with. we've had a lot of PM's and emails since this thread started. Many people wanted a specific rifle , we will see if we can make it work for each person. We will update shortly.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Looking forward to these on your site

Very cool rifles.
    Unfortunate that there's no shortage of people that'll #### on a niche gun because it doesn't fit their style. I also don't think the pictures would be better if the model was some potbelly boomer who can't go up a flight of stairs without being winded.
    А ну, чики-брики и в дамки

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperCoatedCandy View Post
    Very cool rifles.
    Unfortunate that there's no shortage of people that'll #### on a niche gun because it doesn't fit their style. I also don't think the pictures would be better if the model was some potbelly boomer who can't go up a flight of stairs without being winded.
    Lol if cameron hanes was their model neither of us could talk trash amiright?

I also dont see what niche this fills? I feel like you can get the same performance and weight from a more economical package.

I feel like you can get the same performance and weight from a more economical package.
    I'm listening, go on...

If you were a bush pilot i dont think you use this. And you wouldnt really have to worry about weight tbh.

A single shot 22 for 600 is pretty out there. Also the hipster couple that the have modelling it on the site are hilarious. What are they hunting? Edible cannabis gummie bears?
    Well... it probably would sell decently to bush pilots. Weight is always an issue in bush flying, and some guys would probably keep it in their pack just to occupy themselves when clients are late, or weather messes up life. I would. $600 could be as low as 1 day of work for a bush pilot also depending on the year, considering some 22's are reaching several thousand these days, and this is half the price of the TacSol Ohwyhee... it isn't the worst value in Canukistani dollars.