Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We are moving.

Thank you for everything you do.
    ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO COMPROMISE

Perhaps it’s time for CGN to require a modest membership fee from all users and to funnel the money into legal actions and firearms orgs. It’s hard to imagine how guys who spend a buck or two every time a trigger gets pulled can’t come up with $25 a year to have an account here. And yet, if you multiply the membership base by $25, it starts to add up to some serious lawsuit funding.

If any mods are reading and are wondering who would actually pay to be a member under that arrangement, please put my name at the top of the list.
    Member CCFR
    Member CSSA

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Perhaps it’s time for CGN to require a modest membership fee from all users and to funnel the money into legal actions and firearms orgs. It’s hard to imagine how guys who spend a buck or two every time a trigger gets pulled can’t come up with $25 a year to have an account here. And yet, if you multiply the membership base by $25, it starts to add up to some serious lawsuit funding.

If any mods are reading and are wondering who would actually pay to be a member under that arrangement, please put my name at the top of the list.
    Some of us already pay an annual fee just to support CGN stay active and healthy. Something we don't have to but we're doing... I sure hope CGN is contributing to the fight...

Good people quality stuff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar

I for one can't stand tracey wilson so I wouldn't pay a yearly membership here if my $25 went to her. And lots here don't like the NFA so they wouldn't want their $25 heading there. If we had one big org that got along and everyone was on the same page I bet they would have more success.

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    I for one can't stand tracey wilson so I wouldn't pay a yearly membership here if my $25 went to her. And lots here don't like the NFA so they wouldn't want their $25 heading there. If we had one big org that got along and everyone was on the same page I bet they would have more success.
    If we all wait until there’s one perfect org, we’ll be waiting forever. Even the NRA under LaPierre seems hell bent on pissing off a lot of its members. But the choice we have is we either support the orgs we’ve got, warts and all, or we simply accept the end of firearms ownership in this county. Do you really hate Tracy more than you love your ability to legally own firearms? I’m not a huge fan of the NFA either, and I dearly wish our efforts could be consolidated under the umbrella of one large, well run lobbying group. But under our present circumstances, we just don’t have the luxury of enough time to redefine the landscape. We are stuck fighting the war that has come to us.
    Member CCFR
    Member CSSA

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    - Winston Churchill

If we all wait until there’s one perfect org, we’ll be waiting forever. Even the NRA under LaPierre seems hell bent on pissing off a lot of its members. But the choice we have is we either support the orgs we’ve got, warts and all, or we simply accept the end of firearms ownership in this county. Do you really hate Tracy more than you love your ability to legally own firearms? I’m not a huge fan of the NFA either, and I dearly wish our efforts could be consolidated under the umbrella of one large, well run lobbying group. But under our present circumstances, we just don’t have the luxury of enough time to redefine the landscape. We are stuck fighting the war that has come to us.
    Until the community becomes more inclusive and respectful of one another, it doesn't matter how well funded or regimented any of the organizations are. We're our own worst enemy. Sure the last year has been an absolute mess in relation to firearms and the way they are treated, but even worse is how polarized and unwelcoming the gun community is. It's a waste of time and money funding these orgs if we all can't get along and work together regardless of our own beliefs. The more people who are educated and know what gun ownership is in Canada, the stronger our community becomes and the harder it gets for the government and other interest groups to talk out of their ass.

The tactic of divide and conquer works incredibly well, but the sooner we realize how divided we are, the harder we become to conquer. All this division based on politics and personal beliefs is the cancer that will be our down fall. We need everyone on the same page when it comes to firearm ownership, regardless of who they #### or who they vote for.

BANNED
    Thank you for your contributions

Business Member
    From one business to another.... I can appreciate your decision to move.

Be strong, and be safe. Peace Be To Journey!

Cheers, Barney

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    If the injunction hearing on monday is a success, should those of us waiting for a receiver set expect that a pile are going to be sent out in short order due to it becoming ( at least temp) legal again or has the AB CFO shut you guys down regardless?

Best of luck
    the ms and the Macabee are not on the oic and therefore they are not prohibited.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast