CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Bank of Nova Scotia no friend to the firearms industry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twinotter600 View Post
    Alberta
    Wasn't too long ago that y'all were controlled by the NDP.

CGN Regular
    I think it's time to look at a Credit Union or maybe ATB (never dealt with ATB but assume being Alberta based should be safe to deal with), I've been with credit union for years with my business (non firearms related) and been very happy. I don't think a person would run into the same prejudice with a CU, a profitable company would be a very welcome addition to their member base.
    Lifetime Member of PAPRC & STSA
    Member of CSSA, SPSBA, SRAC, SFC, NRA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SuperCub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Time for.me to change banks.
    Make sure you let them know why.
    ............ Hark, a Fudd draweth nigh.

BNS has been on my no fly list since 2009. Thy were the only major bank that were jerks about my fathers estate when he passed. The other three majors he dealt with let us collapse and split his Term deposits and accounts. BNS made each one of the heirs open an account at their bank and continue their portion of the term deposits with them. When the term deposits came due they were all about wanting us to reinvest in them. They were the most unprofessional, unknowledgeable jerks I’ve ever dealt with.

ATB seems to support the same social policies as the big banks, at least in their advertising.

Don't know anything about how they handle business accounts.
    Liberalism is the cult of Satan and the cancer of a free and prosperous society.

The biased bought and paid for mainstream media promote and protect Liberals.

A majority of MP's are corrupt, stupid or evil AND support the dishonest Liberal regime.

i've dumped the big three about 13 years ago - now only deal with credit unions

BANNED
    I haven't been happy with my bank ever tbh but after research it seems they are all the same flavor of feces so I haven't switched as of yet.

Complain to the Ombudsman, local branches and managers often make decisions that fly in the face of what the company policies are. I had an issue (long story, won't deal with RBC again) with the one local Royal Bank and I got apologies from the local manager and the VP as well as the Ombudsman office.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/abo...ombudsman.html
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
    "Truth eludes us if we do not pursue it with constant attention." Alex. Solzhenitsyn "Science shows that God exists." Prof. D. Barton Nobel Prize Chemistry

Just catching up with this thread...this is really disgusting. As other have said, this is a legal business we're talking about here.
    In 2008, the major bank who's name starts and ends with the letter "C" ended my Poker Stars addiction by refusing to allow me to add money to my online account with my VISA. I called VISA, and was told this was an issuer decision. Back then, those sites were a grey market, so I could somewhat understand why they'd want to distance themselves. But firearms are a legal, highly-regulated industry that's been around a long time and that millions of Canadians participate in.

This stinks of pure politics.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Consults View Post
    Complain to the Ombudsman, local branches and managers often make decisions that fly in the face of what the company policies are. I had an issue (long story, won't deal with RBC again) with the one local Royal Bank and I got apologies from the local manager and the VP as well as the Ombudsman office.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/abo...ombudsman.html
    This was not the local branches decision ; they were actually unaware the original letter had been sent until we contacted them the next day. Our local branch treated us quite well over the years.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    5012 - 50th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 0W7