CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank of Nova Scotia no friend to the firearms industry

I had a similar situation with Caisse populaire about the amount of EMTs passing through my account , they wanted all kinds of information about the websites I use for purchases and pictures of my collection, kinda made me feel like I was doing something wrong , I told them to hoop it and pulled all my accounts and transferred to Royal Bank so far so good, it's all a bunch of bulls#%t

I hated them before it was cool.

Pretty interesting times we're living in. I wonder what unintended consequences might arise from all these woke companies playing God..
    HPPF KPN VTSVLOMH YJOD VPFR. MPE GIVL PGG

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    I cant see how they have the right to cancel the accounts of lawful businesses, Any other conantation would be considered racist.
    They have a right to go their way but we have no choice but to contribute to theirs. Whatever, Iíll save them the trouble and just go ahead and change my business accounts as their practices are just plain sleazy.

CGN Regular
    I have a mortgage with them. Looks like I can scratch them off the short list when renewing next year, and I'll make sure to communicate to them why they won't be considered.

contact the BNS ombudsman at
    make a formal complaint. All banks are scared of negative publicity as well. Keep that in mind

Telephone
    English 1-877-700-0043
    (in Toronto 416-933-1700)

French 1-877-700-0044
    (in Toronto 416-933-1780)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    These situations, although terribly frustrating and inconveniencing to your business, are sort of blessings in disguise. You wouldn’t want to continue business with them if you knew their position, would you? All the best moving forward.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BabySeal's Avatar
    I can just imagine the intensified Karen-ing that spawned the BNS decision. You'll have to be equally awful to get anywhere with them if you want to stay with BNS, for reasons. The world we live in now has no place for discourse and due process.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Time for.me to change banks.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manx07 View Post
    contact the BNS ombudsman at
    make a formal complaint. All banks are scared of negative publicity as well. Keep that in mind

Telephone
    English 1-877-700-0043
    (in Toronto 416-933-1700)

French 1-877-700-0044
    (in Toronto 416-933-1780)
    Here is the source of the email we received with the explanation a short time ago if anybody would like to voice their concerns:

mail.president@scotiabank.com
    Greg Jewell | Manager, Customer Concerns

As far as our business goes, this will have very little cause for concern as we have other accounts, however, the 'big picture' is deeply concerning, of course.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    5012 - 50th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 0W7

your a good guy clay you always remember my name when i stop by. I hope you keep going as long as you can wish i had money to support ya more. You really saved my bacon when you took on my large consignment for a very fair percentage. I hope you choose your battles with care and don't die on the wrong hill. Seems like they are going to start attacking business owners who they assume vote wrong. God speed buddy prayers to you your family and your employees. its always a uplifting trip for me to even come in and browse the displays. bonus when you say hey nick boggles my mind you can remember so many people