Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank of Nova Scotia no friend to the firearms industry

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    What isn't controlled by the Liberals?
    Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by twinotter600 View Post
    Alberta
    Great answer..............lol

But I have to ask why Alberta Conservatives have for so many years gone along with the "equalization" formula.

In 20/20 hindsight it seems to me a Conservative Alberta Government should have fought this with every legal and political means.

Even now with our big deficit and nothing to show for in the Heritage Savings Fund there is essentially zero action.

I am very disappointed that our UCP is not being more aggressive in dealing with matters of importance to Albertans.

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    Great answer..............lol

But I have to ask why Alberta Conservatives have for so many years gone along with the "equalization" formula.

In 20/20 hindsight it seems to me a Conservative Alberta Government should have fought this with every legal and political means.

Even now with our big deficit and nothing to show for in the Heritage Savings Fund there is essentially zero action.

I am very disappointed that our UCP is not being more aggressive in dealing with matters of importance to Albertans.
    Because the UCP are Federalists.
    Yep, it's like that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    Because the UCP are Federalists.
    To many don’t understand this !
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

Screw the BNS and all who is dividing and ruining this beautiful Country!
    On the other hand, Prophet River Guys, I love how you do business. I bought a few "things" from you, always received a great service, God Bless!
    Last edited by romayama; 01-17-2021 at 01:30 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Banks are going to be dropping tons of accounts and they may well just punch you and see how you come back. A lot easier than for them to actually do a full analysis of every account they have. They have strict risk criteria and they are not allowed to just let anything happen, and hope for the best. You can decide to believe they hate guns, but if that is not the actual reason you are just getting wound up with nothing to show for it. We expect more than that from governments and the media, we don't get it, but I don't see the point in passing on a bunch of half assed thinking ourselves. Covid will mean a lot of bankruptcies, and major financial consequences, not an easy time to be a bank. You think the firearms industry is regulated...

CGN frequent flyer
    By the way. The fact that the feds killed off one major product line, would to people who don't know the industry, be ample evidence that there might be some rot in the industry. You can find a lot of threads on CGN complaining about the loss of opportunity. What do you figure they are going to think. The gun store nearest me was about 80% ARs with a few 10K + rifles thrown in. I don't know how that worked out for them, but it would be rational if you held their note to go kick the tires. If you want to use a banking facility they have to be solvent also, and that does not happen if they don't trim the rot before it takes them down.

"Think of business like @#$%, *&^& %$#h arms etc that their primary sales are ARís and accessories. Business will either have to adapt and move to bolt action accessories or fold. Which in turn hurts the economy because those are lost jobs. WOW"

That is what we have been telling people since 2019.

BNS owns Tangerine

Supporting Manufacturer
    RBC kicked out our business account, as well as all of the shareholders personal accounts AND their children's 'Little Leo' savings accounts. We fished around with CIBC, TD, Scotia and nobody would take our business accounts on. We ended up with Canadian Western Bank, and no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PGW Steve View Post
    RBC kicked out our business account, as well as all of the shareholders personal accounts AND their children's 'Little Leo' savings accounts. We fished around with CIBC, TD, Scotia and nobody would take our business accounts on. We ended up with Canadian Western Bank, and no issues so far.
    It should be illegal for service providers to discriminate and/or deny service against anyone or any legal business entity that pays taxes in this country.

Have any of the political parties taken a stand on this type of abuse?