Buying experience at Tenda

Have ordered 7-10 times from Tenda with excellent service and free shipping but just today was advised my latest order requires a small extra amount as I’m in a remote or less accessible area! This is a first and initially thought it might be a scam as I live halfway between Montreal and Ottawa and was never considered remote. Maybe the shipping costs have gone up but I would think that would just entail raising the minimum order or amending the free shipping policy.
I checked the free shipping rules but they haven’t changed but just my area is now considered as costing more to ship to due to my address which has never changed.
I cancelled the order as I didn’t like how it was presented to me and will buy out of Montreal and Ottawa but anyone else had this experience?
Never a complaint before and glad they asked for an additional charge before shipping anyway.

Have ordered 7-10 times from Tenda with excellent service and free shipping but just today was advised my latest order requires a small extra amount as I’m in a remote or less accessible area! This is a first and initially thought it might be a scam as I live halfway between Montreal and Ottawa and was never considered remote. Maybe the shipping costs have gone up but I would think that would just entail raising the minimum order or amending the free shipping policy.
I checked the free shipping rules but they haven’t changed but just my area is now considered as costing more to ship to due to my address which has never changed.
I cancelled the order as I didn’t like how it was presented to me and will buy out of Montreal and Ottawa but anyone else had this experience?
Never a complaint before and glad they asked for an additional charge before shipping anyway.

Similar experience except an oversized fee for a smaller package - which I’ve ordered many times from them and much larger packages without issue. Also left a bad taste in my mouth.

The audacity you must have to file a complaint with a business regarding a product you weren't even the original purchaser of....wow.

Placed an order in the morning before they opened up for a Savage 64 that they had on sale (think 08:30 when they open up at 09:00) and went to pick up some ammo for a buddy since we were going shooting that same day.

Mentioned the order I placed earlier that day, and the guy behind the counter went into the back and brought out what I ordered after a couple minutes with no issues or problems.

Great to deal with.

Tenda and a few other retailers with "free" shipping have had to start charging additional fees on some heavy/bulky/dangerous things like ammo and reloading components because of increased cost of shipping and decreased availability of affordable couriers. Tenda is still eating the majority of the shipping costs and the extra fees have been reasonable so I have not been bothered by it other than wishing for the good ol days of the post Trump election when ammo and shipping were cheap! :)

The audacity you must have to file a complaint with a business regarding a product you weren't even the original purchaser of....wow.

I know right? Not sure why that person never thought he could have been duped by the seller. But we will never know. I've had nothing but great experiences with Tenda. Even if I had to return something because of safety concerns from the manufacture. They okayed the RMA without issue. Not sure where all the hate comes from.

No complaints here really. Other then it’s hard to talk to a person.
But I’ve always got my orders, so I’m happy

Zero issues with either email or direct phone communication; always helpful and easy to work with. Very efficient operation. Someday, I hope to visit in person.

Mark

I have lost count on how many things I bought from them, and every time it has been excellent customer service. In person and online. They’re the best and recommend them to all my friends!

Do they record your address and information when you buy non restricted on their internal book? It has been awhile since I bought any firearms.

Do they record your address and information when you buy non restricted on their internal book? It has been awhile since I bought any firearms.

I bought a few firearms this year, some from Tenda. I don't recall them recording my address (they wouldn't be able to since they never looked nor asked for a driver's licence) - they just looked at my PAL and then ran it through the normal point of sale cash register, etc. For ammo, Tenda writes it all in a physical journal book - just your first name, PAL number and a summary of the ammo you bought.

I have purchased at firearms 2-3 other LGS, which use computerized systems. Again, it was just my PAL info that they took with my card. They didn't ask for driver's licence or any other form of ID.

Now ordering online is a different story - I would think for sure your name and address is in their system somewhere. How long it stays there and what is retained, I don't know. But I would suspect for warranty/returns, etc. there has to be sales records, which would include to which address it was shipped in addition to the usual name and PAL number.

I've had terrific experiences until now unfortunately. Ordered a restricted at the beginning of December (ON), was approved last week. Haven't received an update from Tenda. No response to email and no answer when I call.

Back
Top Bottom