Buying experience at Tenda

Just to pile on, because all the "teeendaaa is the greeeaaatests you guys are goofs" gets annoying.

I bought once. They claimed they would ship in a short period, and I received a UPS or fedex notice, but it was the "shipper has supplied a request" things, and 2 weeks later they refused to answer emails, and when I called, I got nothing but an answering machine and no call back. Finally got someone on the phone and they claimed the item was out of stock and they would ship "whenever it comes into stock". It was an expensive first order, and I ended up waiting a month or more for their "in stock immediate shipping".

So what you should take away from these threads is: IF they have the item, and the Great Moose is on your side, you will get your order and be happy. However, if there is ANY hiccup, they couldn't care less, and you can sit and spin until they feel like getting things to you. To me, follow up customer service is more important than if they provide free hand sanitizer at the door, and I'm sure this place has hand sanitizer.

I've had terrific experiences until now unfortunately. Ordered a restricted at the beginning of December (ON), was approved last week. Haven't received an update from Tenda. No response to email and no answer when I call.

My experiences with restricted with them is it can take awhile. 1-2 months minimum. I think they submit the restricted transfer in batches to save money or something.

Last edited:
I've only ordered once from Tenda but was very pleased w the service. Shipped out fast and order was correct. What else could I ask for? Thanks Tenda. Scott

I just wish they'd ship powder and whatnot, they seem to be the only place that stocks a few things I need, and I hate having to drive 2 hours to Toronto just to buy a jug of powder.
So I suppose customer service opinion is worthless to me in this particular instance as it's not like I have any other options

I've had terrific experiences until now unfortunately. Ordered a restricted at the beginning of December (ON), was approved last week. Haven't received an update from Tenda. No response to email and no answer when I call.

Just an update.

I purchased the restricted firearm on December 12th

The transfer was approved by the CFO (ON) on January 4th

I get a message from Tenda on January 11th that they want an additional $28.25 because of an oversize fee. Free shipping was advertised when purchased.

So that's my experience.

Just an update.

I get a message from Tenda on January 11th that they want an additional $28.25 because of an oversize fee. Free shipping was advertised when purchased.

So that's my experience.

That's bad.

I ordered several times from them in the past. 2 out of 3 orders were not as expected. A 4th order was charged but "sorry out of stock" one week later and tracking number was already issued. They usually don't answer inquiries and when there is something wrong with the order, they won't do anything.

I call them borderline.

Last edited:
Just an update.

So that's my experience.

Pound sand. They sold it to you under those terms, they need to fulfill their end of the deal. The good news is that small claims courts are online, so you can file a court case without leaving home.

I would call the CFO to ask about if/how you can prevent the reversal of the transfer as it may be subject to litigation.

Shipping(Remote, Extended area and Overweight orders will be contacted for seperate quotation)
Store Pickup
UPS - Flat Rate: $35.00
Shipping to ....

So, you accepted these conditions ...

People, learn to read before clicking ....

Just an update.

So that's my experience.

It’s a new thing for them for sure. They have done it to me the last few orders as well. Not impressed.

Shipping(Remote, Extended area and Overweight orders will be contacted for seperate quotation)
Store Pickup
UPS - Flat Rate: $35.00
Shipping to ....

So, you accepted these conditions ...

People, learn to read before clicking ....

Nah, they apply that to whatever they feel. It should be on them to mark specific items as oversized - free shipping does not apply when you go to add it to your cart, not after you’ve purchased it under free shipping.

Pound sand. They sold it to you under those terms, they need to fulfill their end of the deal. The good news is that small claims courts are online, so you can file a court case without leaving home.

I would call the CFO to ask about if/how you can prevent the reversal of the transfer as it may be subject to litigation.

WOW ! Whoa up a BIT i think ! Reversal of transfer subject to litagation over $28.00 up chg for mailing ? Surely this could be worked out ! LOL RJ

Sellers can reverse transfers before the firearm is handed over. Happens all the time. Customer discovers the gun is defective/damaged/not as described and refuses to accept the gun. Seller reverses the transfer with the CFO. Very straightfoward and simple.

The danger is that Tenda may act unilaterally: reverse the transfer, refund (minus a previously undisclosed "restocking fee") the purchase amount, and cancel the entire transaction. That puts the customer in a tough position. Even if it eventually gets to small claims (which is a nuclear option to be sure), the buyer has few options. Money is back in the customer's pocket, gun is eventually sold and unavailable to the customer. The seller doesn't have to have any contact with the customer at all.

If the transfer ISN'T reversed, Tenda has to act collaboratively. They can't sell the gun to someone else, so they have to work with the customer.

WOW ! Whoa up a BIT i think ! Reversal of transfer subject to litagation over $28.00 up chg for mailing ? Surely this could be worked out ! LOL RJ

Never had any issues with them, can't help but notice a lot of the folks that have had issue have bought 60+ year old milsurps and were spouting about the quality of the ones they received.

Sellers can reverse transfers before the firearm is handed over. Happens all the time. Customer discovers the gun is defective/damaged/not as described and refuses to accept the gun. Seller reverses the transfer with the CFO. Very straightfoward and simple.

The danger is that Tenda may act unilaterally: reverse the transfer, refund (minus a previously undisclosed "restocking fee") the purchase amount, and cancel the entire transaction. That puts the customer in a tough position. Even if it eventually gets to small claims (which is a nuclear option to be sure), the buyer has few options. Money is back in the customer's pocket, gun is eventually sold and unavailable to the customer. The seller doesn't have to have any contact with the customer at all.

If the transfer ISN'T reversed, Tenda has to act collaboratively. They can't sell the gun to someone else, so they have to work with the customer.

That has NOTHING to do with my POST ! RJ

Never had any issues with them, can't help but notice a lot of the folks that have had issue have bought 60+ year old milsurps and were spouting about the quality of the ones they received.

Well, when your descriptions say "Excellent condition", "grade 1" or similar language alongside pictures of nearly pristine specimens and then seemingly send the worst specimens (what's the opposite of cherry-picking?) to the mail order customers because the in-person customers won't buy them, that tends to upset some folks and rightly so. And they get more upset when their complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. The customer may eventually get satisfaction but it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

That has NOTHING to do with my POST ! RJ

Sure it does. It is about trying to work out the situation amicably without needing to involve courts and judges over $30. You said:

My point is that if the reversal is allowed to happen, a seller will refuse to work something out.. it goes back on the shelf and the next customer takes it. Whereas if you can prevent the reversal by informing the CFO that there's some disagreement about the transaction, the seller has to try and work something out. They can't wash their hands of you.

Back
Top Bottom