Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 421

Thread: Buying experience at Tenda

  1. #121
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    243
    For those that dont realise a LOT of companies that ship products across canada, as Tenda does, have delayed shipping times right now. We are in the middle of a pandemic and most shippers are ridiculously busy and under staffed due to covid workplace protocols. Give them a frigging break... I run a business that ships and its a ####ing nightmare right now. Relax, you will get it.

  2. #122
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    For those that dont realise a LOT of companies that ship products across canada, as Tenda does, have delayed shipping times right now. We are in the middle of a pandemic and most shippers are ridiculously busy and under staffed due to covid workplace protocols. Give them a frigging break... I run a business that ships and its a ####ing nightmare right now. Relax, you will get it.
    Right, especially when you’re listing product as in stock when in fact it isn’t. On a Tenda thread the last word always seems to be an apology/rebuttal/excuse etc

  3. #123
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    10
    Right now waiting on my first order from Tenda, not looking overly promising

    Before ordering two emails sent with prompt'ish response , first was regarding is this item in stock and ready to ship, second was on methods of shipment.

    Checking my order status daily, at five days in received email requesting extra 6 bucks in shipping for Canada post. Email reply sent ( and cc'ed to myself, it went thru) no response.

    Day seven still no email response and order remains "processing". Waited all day before phoning in.

    Surprisingly got a human on the line, a bit snarky however, who claims they "never recieved any emails from me". Email was resent while on the phone with guy, I had no bounce back and email was delivered. Guy insists email not received, email address confirmed.

    Having a hard time believing the guy on the phone. He has now promised it will be rectified.

    We are now well past the claimed 2-4 days to shipping. Time will tell how this all boils down. Right now, Tenda is on my suspect/probationary list, their actions in the next few days will determine if they get a full thumbs down or a be cautious rating.

    IMHO its pretty hard to screw up an email address when you are hitting reply to the email they sent.

  4. #124
    CGN Regular TragicallyHipGrandpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Chatham-Kent ON, AKA Florida North
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_* View Post
    Right now waiting on my first order from Tenda, not looking overly promising

    Before ordering two emails sent with prompt'ish response , first was regarding is this item in stock and ready to ship, second was on methods of shipment.

    Checking my order status daily, at five days in received email requesting extra 6 bucks in shipping for Canada post. Email reply sent ( and cc'ed to myself, it went thru) no response.

    Day seven still no email response and order remains "processing". Waited all day before phoning in.

    Surprisingly got a human on the line, a bit snarky however, who claims they "never recieved any emails from me". Email was resent while on the phone with guy, I had no bounce back and email was delivered. Guy insists email not received, email address confirmed.

    Having a hard time believing the guy on the phone. He has now promised it will be rectified.

    We are now well past the claimed 2-4 days to shipping. Time will tell how this all boils down. Right now, Tenda is on my suspect/probationary list, their actions in the next few days will determine if they get a full thumbs down or a be cautious rating.

    IMHO its pretty hard to screw up an email address when you are hitting reply to the email they sent.
    I have placed orders with Tenda as well as a half dozen other site sponsors over the past months. I have never had a real problem with Tenda, from reasonable email response times to shipping times, but then again, I don't expect miraculous turn around times, given our current circumstances with suppliers and evolving shipping costs and headaches. Email responses within 24-48 hours I consider par and waiting a few days for an order to change from 'processing' to 'shipped' is no biggie to me. Regarding emails not being received, I know about this, as I have had the same Hotmail account for probably 20 years and I know for a fact that some recipients get my emails sent to their junk mail bins due to thinking Hotmail was spam. This happened to me twice this week with a site sponsor retailer and it is not uncommon, Hotmail or not. The same retailer (not Tenda) also took nearly 5 full business days to change my online order from 'accepted and processing' to 'complete' and another day for it to be shipped. Canada Post tracking shows the rifle finally arriving in my hands about 15 days after order placed. To me, this is not bad customer service.

    Putting a site sponsor on notice for IMO trivial inconveniences and wait times seems petty. I mean, we are not waiting on a pharmacist to fill a life-saving medication. Most of the time we are just waiting for a new toy or toy accessories to arrive in the mail. I remember being impatient when I was a kid, sending in comic book mail order forms for an action figure in the 70s and waiting 4-6 weeks for shipping. I'm a big boi now and I'm a little more patient and given the global circumstances, I give a generous helping of patience to all retailers, since they are not all set up like Amazon.

    As for someone on the phone who is "a bit snarky", well, in my line of work, snarky is par. Somebody would have to be a real Karen or a real a$$hat to me in order for it to sour any deal. I know that retailers are in the business of customer service, but the person on the other end of the phone is human, and we humans can get that way. He prob just needed a Snickers bar.
    No dress rehearsal; this is our life.
    Member CCFR, NFA, CSSA

  5. #125
    CGN Regular Tommycanada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    576
    Placed an order on a Friday night, order shipped promptly on Monday, and arrived Tuesday. Super happy with Tenda.

  6. #126
    Super GunNutz thegazelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,871
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHipGrandpa View Post
    I remember being impatient when I was a kid, sending in comic book mail order forms for an action figure in the 70s and waiting 4-6 weeks for shipping. I'm a big boi now and I'm a little more patient and given the global circumstances, I give a generous helping of patience to all retailers, since they are not all set up like Amazon.
    This is a good point. It's all about tempering expectations. I think your Amazon reference was a good one; many people seem to use Amazon as their measuring stick in terms of expediency of service, but I don't think it is realistic as the vast majority of companies' fulfilment abilities are not scaled to Amazon's level.

    I too had the comic book ordering experience - used to order from Mile High Comics in Colorado. Aside from having to send them a money order in USD (which I had to get my Dad to do up at the bank), it was an inordinate wait before getting something.

    But waiting and the virtue of patience seems lost in today's "must have it now" mentality. Many of our parents and grandparents know the joy of delayed gratification in saving up for stuff, waiting before they get married to do certain things, and understanding that ordering things that come in the mail take time, and that there are factors in play such as the human on the other side processing and the human on the other side delivering. Yes, technology has reduced if not eliminated much of the ordering times, but it's not perfect.

    Also you have to consider what you pay for in shipping. If you are willing to pay a courier charge of Fedex/UPS etc., you will get your items quicker. If it is free shipping, it is generally not by the most expedient means. Also consider the source and destination. I recently ordered some more AICS mags from MDT, and it took a little over a week to get here, but it came from BC, so that is reasonable. It was also shipped by regular CP, which I knew would not be a two-day turnaround.

    Some of this also is communication. I have noticed over the years that people's first inclination is to go online and trash a retailer and complain rather than pick up the phone and try to resolve things. Most often it is just consistent communication that is missing from the transaction and that can smooth many things over.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

  7. #127
    Newbie CDuncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    15
    Iíve gotten a few things from them over the years and have had no issues even with cancelling an order. Sometimes it takes a little bit to ship but my last order was shipped within a day or so. Coming next week. Very happy with them.

  8. #128
    GunNutz TPK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Quesnel, BC
    Posts
    1,336
    I've bought from them several times, no issues, will continue to buy from them.

  9. #129
    Newbie Anthony1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    I've bought from them several times, no issues, will continue to buy from them.
    Same here. Good prices and service. Never had a problem.

  10. #130
    CGN Regular Brooker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    deep in fud country
    Posts
    357
    huge pain to deal with, don't bother.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •