Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying experience at Tenda

CGN frequent flyer
    Shipping(Remote, Extended area and Overweight orders will be contacted for seperate quotation)
    Store Pickup
    UPS - Flat Rate: $35.00
    Shipping to ....

So, you accepted these conditions ...

People, learn to read before clicking ....
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

CGN Regular
    Shipping is kind of slow but I always got the ammo I ordered and the price is good.

I never had an issue outside of waiting.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by awsomeo View Post
    Just an update.

I purchased the restricted firearm on December 12th

The transfer was approved by the CFO (ON) on January 4th

I get a message from Tenda on January 11th that they want an additional $28.25 because of an oversize fee. Free shipping was advertised when purchased.

So that's my experience.
    It’s a new thing for them for sure. They have done it to me the last few orders as well. Not impressed.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    Shipping(Remote, Extended area and Overweight orders will be contacted for seperate quotation)
    Store Pickup
    UPS - Flat Rate: $35.00
    Shipping to ....

So, you accepted these conditions ...

People, learn to read before clicking ....

Nah, they apply that to whatever they feel. It should be on them to mark specific items as oversized - free shipping does not apply when you go to add it to your cart, not after you’ve purchased it under free shipping.

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Pound sand. They sold it to you under those terms, they need to fulfill their end of the deal. The good news is that small claims courts are online, so you can file a court case without leaving home.

I would call the CFO to ask about if/how you can prevent the reversal of the transfer as it may be subject to litigation.
    WOW ! Whoa up a BIT i think ! Reversal of transfer subject to litagation over $28.00 up chg for mailing ? Surely this could be worked out ! LOL RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

BANNED
    Sellers can reverse transfers before the firearm is handed over. Happens all the time. Customer discovers the gun is defective/damaged/not as described and refuses to accept the gun. Seller reverses the transfer with the CFO. Very straightfoward and simple.

The danger is that Tenda may act unilaterally: reverse the transfer, refund (minus a previously undisclosed "restocking fee") the purchase amount, and cancel the entire transaction. That puts the customer in a tough position. Even if it eventually gets to small claims (which is a nuclear option to be sure), the buyer has few options. Money is back in the customer's pocket, gun is eventually sold and unavailable to the customer. The seller doesn't have to have any contact with the customer at all.

If the transfer ISN'T reversed, Tenda has to act collaboratively. They can't sell the gun to someone else, so they have to work with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    WOW ! Whoa up a BIT i think ! Reversal of transfer subject to litagation over $28.00 up chg for mailing ? Surely this could be worked out ! LOL RJ

Never had any issues with them, can't help but notice a lot of the folks that have had issue have bought 60+ year old milsurps and were spouting about the quality of the ones they received.
    curiosity may have killed the cat....but at least the Lil bigger died knowing..

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Sellers can reverse transfers before the firearm is handed over. Happens all the time. Customer discovers the gun is defective/damaged/not as described and refuses to accept the gun. Seller reverses the transfer with the CFO. Very straightfoward and simple.

The danger is that Tenda may act unilaterally: reverse the transfer, refund (minus a previously undisclosed "restocking fee") the purchase amount, and cancel the entire transaction. That puts the customer in a tough position. Even if it eventually gets to small claims (which is a nuclear option to be sure), the buyer has few options. Money is back in the customer's pocket, gun is eventually sold and unavailable to the customer. The seller doesn't have to have any contact with the customer at all.

If the transfer ISN'T reversed, Tenda has to act collaboratively. They can't sell the gun to someone else, so they have to work with the customer.
    That has NOTHING to do with my POST ! RJ

I just placed a order for some Hornady Product that they show in stock - We shall see - Last order i bought a scope about a year ago and ALL was Good ! Here's Hoping ! RJ

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by silen View Post
    Never had any issues with them, can't help but notice a lot of the folks that have had issue have bought 60+ year old milsurps and were spouting about the quality of the ones they received.
    Well, when your descriptions say "Excellent condition", "grade 1" or similar language alongside pictures of nearly pristine specimens and then seemingly send the worst specimens (what's the opposite of cherry-picking?) to the mail order customers because the in-person customers won't buy them, that tends to upset some folks and rightly so. And they get more upset when their complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. The customer may eventually get satisfaction but it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

That has NOTHING to do with my POST ! RJ
    Sure it does. It is about trying to work out the situation amicably without needing to involve courts and judges over $30. You said:

My point is that if the reversal is allowed to happen, a seller will refuse to work something out.. it goes back on the shelf and the next customer takes it. Whereas if you can prevent the reversal by informing the CFO that there's some disagreement about the transaction, the seller has to try and work something out. They can't wash their hands of you.