Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 223234353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Buying experience at Tenda

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petermoo999 View Post
    Yes, this is the new normal (ur pal and drivers license, front and back). U need to thank the f****** liberals for this.
    I have done 3 online purchases lately and haven't had to give them my driver's license or anything more than my address and RPAL number.
    This is akin to crappy tire writing down our license number and a list of all ammo purchased. Nothing to do with liberals (everything else can be blamed on them, but this one is on tenda).
    My worry would be identity theft.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    I have done 3 online purchases lately and haven't had to give them my driver's license or anything more than my address and RPAL number.
    This is akin to crappy tire writing down our license number and a list of all ammo purchased. Nothing to do with liberals (everything else can be blamed on them, but this one is on tenda).
    My worry would be identity theft.
    You probably only bought ammo. They require it for NR purchases.

This is all Liberals! Back in the days, there were some dealers photocopy the PAL even for ammo purchases, of course we all know that we have taken our business elsewhere. But with the bill c.71. The liberals want all our info when it comes to non-restricted firearms (they want to track all the NRs). U have to phone in and get a reference # for a NR transfer. They even ask for a video call to verify private buyer’s identity.

Below is a good article on bill c.71:

Bill C-71 will make business owners keep records of their inventory and require those purchasing non-restricted guns to present a licence. It also requires business owners to keep records of non-restricted gun sales for a minimum of 20 years, and to hand over these records to government officials upon request.

The term “backdoor gun registry” has been used by Conservative members of Parliament and senators as well as gun-rights advocates to describe this section of Bill C-71.

Advocates on both sides of the issue say Bill C-71 will restore previous legislation, after the Ending the Long-Gun Registry Act removed the requirement for non‑restricted firearms to be registered in 2012. Gun advocates criticize this, while supporters of the bill say it reintroduces the accountability this requirement once provided.

Effective on May 18, 2022
    Licence verification and business record-keeping for non-restricted firearms

Individuals and businesses will be required to obtain a reference number from the Registrar of Firearms confirming the validity of the transferee's (buyer's) firearms licence before transferring a non-restricted firearm. A reference number may be obtained through our Individual Web Services or Business Web Services portals.

Firearms businesses will also be required to retain sales and inventory records related to non-restricted firearms for a minimum of 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    2 shotguns in those orders. Don't assume.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    One thing they are for sure bad at is getting orders out the door quickly. Even when they finally get u a tracking number it usually sits for like a week before they actually get it shipped. I live with it cause I know eventually they get it shipped and it usually is the cheapest place in the country.

Their prices are fantastic, no question there but I have found their customer service in store to be "rushed". I'm relatively new to firearms so I'm not as confident going in-store to make a purchase as perhaps my more experienced peers. Recently I wanted to check out the mossberg 500, benelli supernova and the new 870 fieldmaster. Genuinely felt like I was an inconvenience while I was asking questions and asked them to show me the different shotguns.

For what it’s worth, here’s my step-by-step recent buying experience:

Nov 30 (Wed) - order placed online for NR item
    Nov 30 - email received from Tenda with order #
    Nov 30 - email received from Tenda with a purchase receipt
    Dec 5 (Mon) - email received from Tenda requesting to take photo of PAL and DL (which I already did at the time of purchase)
    Dec 9 (Fri) - email received from CFP
    Dec 9 - email received from Tenda with a reference # for NR purchase
    Dec 9 - email received from Tenda with a UPS tracking #
    Dec 12 (Mon) - email received from Tenda stating that my order is now complete
    Dec 12 - UPS tracking # started showing shipping progress with item being picked up from Tenda on Dec 12

NR purchase recorded with government complete with license and home address info.

Good luck holding on to that once the government goes ahead with it's plans for 100% disarmament of civilians.

Feds will want to talk to you about anything you sold to Mike, you know, from Canmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary2 View Post
    For what it’s worth, here’s my step-by-step recent buying experience:

Nov 30 (Wed) - order placed online for NR item
    Nov 30 - email received from Tenda with order #
    Nov 30 - email received from Tenda with a purchase receipt
    Dec 5 (Mon) - email received from Tenda requesting to take photo of PAL and DL (which I already did at the time of purchase)
    Dec 9 (Fri) - email received from CFP
    Dec 9 - email received from Tenda with a reference # for NR purchase
    Dec 9 - email received from Tenda with a UPS tracking #
    Dec 12 (Mon) - email received from Tenda stating that my order is now complete
    Dec 12 - UPS tracking # started showing shipping progress with item being picked up from Tenda on Dec 12
    Seems about right. Long delays occurring where they don't need to be.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Always positive experiences for me at Tenda.