Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trader Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Streamin View Post
    Feedback scores are not what they should be.

Ive got a bad score before because I got ripped off and gave the seller an honest negative score. In turn he gave me a negative score....what a joke.
    Moderators are basically no help on this issue.

Buyer beware.
    I only buy face to face now
    Unfortunately, this dynamic happens everywhere. That's why eBay over a decade ago scrapped the ability for sellers to leave negative for buyers. Unfortunately, retaliatory feedback is a reality. It is too bad that people are not able to humbly accept a legitimate negative feedback. I know one person who has been able to do this and it was my old boss in the 2000s who was an eBay fanatic. He received a negative and he replied with a positive on the buyer's account saying he agrees that he (seller) messed up. That takes stones to man up and admit that and most people just won't, so that, for many places, including eBay, has turned feedback into something irrelevant, particularly for buyers who rip off sellers. No seller wants their feedback record tarnished with retaliatory feedback.

I think the feedback system here is still valuable in showing a trend. Just like google reviews or whatever - if you see 100 people saying positive things and one person saying something negative, you have to take it with a grain of salt and look further. I have been going to my mechanic for 17 years now, found him then on the internet with high ratings. Since then he continues to have high ratings with the occasional really bad rating. I ask him about those and there are always two sides of the story and once I got the full context, I better understood what happened. Unfortunately while doing transactions online there is less of an opportunity to be able to get the full context as easily so what we are left with is to look at the overall trend. I also realize everyone has to start somewhere, so a new account isn't necessarily an instant red flag. Understandably, caution should be exercised, but there are certainly ways to mitigate risk - ie. meeting face to face, or if not, zoom meeting online beforehand, etc. I have had people request zoom meetings or facetime meetings and I am always happy to oblige.

Such is the nature of online shopping nowadays.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

BANNED
    Last edited by Jay; 04-13-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12