Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single Shot Henry in 223

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    Hmm I like the looks of that. I would be all over one if the sights were good, a .45-70 would be fun in the thick brush. 37.5" length is pretty compact. I've also got a couple hundred .38 Spcl kicking around, might be a fun option...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Hmm I like the looks of that. I would be all over one if the sights were good, a .45-70 would be fun in the thick brush. 37.5" length is pretty compact.
    They are quite compact. Makes my bolt gun with the same barrel length look reaaaally long. I will try to take a picture of the sights on my lunch break if I remember.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by floriosean1 View Post
    I just don't see why i would buy a single shot, when the ruger american rifle has an msrp that's practically the same. Plus the ruger has a rail for a scope or optic and a threaded muzzle.

A few years ago when you could get an H&R single shot for 250 to 350. Sure that made sense
    Not everyone is interested in one of these because of the price. Some people prefer rifles with metal and wood hardware. The ruger is a completely different type of rifle made with a very low grade injection molded stock and a lot of plastic hardware like the magazine, trigger guard etc. If people only bought single shot rifles because they were cheap the Ruger #1 wouldn't exist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Does one have to pay for the shipping to and/or from Gretch for the recall?
    I can't think of any warranty shops in Canada that will provide an Amazon style, pre paid shipping label, return shipping should be on them but I've never dealt with Grech.

By the sounds of it, Henry should not be dealing with Grech either! Or at the very least they should make sure that Grech has good parts support and then pressure Grech to improve their service standards and customer relations.

Hopefully Henry will weigh in soon.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I can't think of any warranty shops in Canada that will provide an Amazon style, pre paid shipping label, return shipping should be on them but I've never dealt with Grech.

By the sounds of it, Henry should not be dealing with Grech either! Or at the very least they should make sure that Grech has good parts support and then pressure Grech to improve their service standards and customer relations.

Hopefully Henry will weigh in soon.
    I emailed Gretch about it. They are going to send me a shipping label, I just have to get it packed up and then email them the measurements of the package.

I haven't even used the rifle, so I think I am going to wait a few weeks until I get a range membership (new year starts Feb 1 at my range) so I can at least try the rifle out before I send it in.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black View Post
    Not everyone is interested in one of these because of the price. Some people prefer rifles with metal and wood hardware. The ruger is a completely different type of rifle made with a very low grade injection molded stock and a lot of plastic hardware like the magazine, trigger guard etc. If people only bought single shot rifles because they were cheap the Ruger #1 wouldn't exist.
    No doubt. If it was all about cost, we'd all be shooting Mossberg 4x4's and Savage Axis's. I've bought 3 sub-$300 rifles (Axis, Rem 783, Mossberg ATR100) and they all have cheap plastic stocks and no iron sights. I have since replaced the ATR with the Henry, and replaced the Rem 783 with a lefty Rem 700. Still have the Axis, that was my first hunting rifle and I plan to hold onto it as a backup rifle/loaner.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Just bought a new one in 45/70
    Rust Never Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post
    Just bought a new one in 45/70
    Congrats! Where'd you pick it up of you don't mind sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2black View Post
    Congrats! Where'd you pick it up of you don't mind sharing.
    Cdn Tire in Langley. Shout out to Brian for great customer service.
    Rust Never Sleeps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123