Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single Shot Henry in 223

Single Shot Henry in 223

Thinking of buying but remember something about a recall. Input and thoughts on this gun in 223 if I can find one? Brass or steel?

cheers
    nibe

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/

Name:  H015-Single-Shot-Rifles-Hero2021.jpg
Views: 2898
Size:  21.3 KB
    Last edited by Nibe; 01-16-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    Rust Never Sleeps

Henry Long Rangers are lever action box magazine repeaters, not single shot rifles.

Merci, changed title
    Rust Never Sleeps

CGN Regular
    I used to have one in .223, was hoping it would make a decent plinker just using the sights, but the sights are effectively useless at ranges beyond 25 feet, would only get if you intend to mount an optic or some form of aftermarket sights to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post
    Thinking of buying but remember something about a recall. Input and thoughts on this gun in 223 if I can find one? Brass or steel?

cheers
    nibe

I have the steel version and love it. As for the recall, my understanding is that newer inventory should have been upgraded at the factory before being shipped to retailers.

CGN Regular
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Last edited by time4t; 02-17-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post
    Buyer Beware. I purchased one last year with a terrible trigger. When sent it in for a warranty replacement I experienced nothing but garbage from the warranty depot, grech outdoors. The eventual replacement 2nd rifle that I got was just as bad. A few months later, there was a recall. Multiple previous threads about issues in dealing with the warranty depot.
    Based on who their warranty support alone I wouldn't want to buy one. Grech is an absolute nightmare to deal with and incredibly arrogant/unprofessional. Just check out their Google reviews.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by time4t View Post
    Buyer Beware. I purchased one last year with a terrible trigger. When sent it in for a warranty replacement I experienced nothing but garbage from the warranty depot, grech outdoors. The eventual replacement 2nd rifle that I got was just as bad. A few months later, there was a recall. Multiple previous threads about issues in dealing with the warranty depot.
    Grech are awful. I had a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 awhile back, stock formed a crack after 50 or so rounds, and at the time they were the only ones doing warranty work for CZ. I called initially and they told me to just send in a photo of the crack in the stock and some other information like the guns serial number and all that, and they would just mail me a new stock, so I emailed them all the info they asked for, filled out their little warranty form, etc. A week goes by and I hadn't heard anything, so I call again and they tell me now that I have to send the whole gun in, so I waited a week for nothing. I read the reviews on Google of people receiving their guns after warranty servicing in worse condition or just not repaired at all after it sits there for the better part of a year, so I ended up taking it to my LGS and got them to mend it, which didn't hold, so I just said screw it and sold the gun at a loss on here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post

cheers
    nibe

This is exactly what we need - single shot rifles. Ranger one's to boot.

I have one in 45-70 and I really like it. The only problem is that it has the recall on it and as others have said the warranty is handled by Gretch. I wish I had checked into that before I bought it. If I had known I wouldn't have bought it. I will be leaving it in the safe or finding another gunsmith and paying to fix it. There is no way I'm sending it to Gretch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast