Thread: Maybe a wait list for not-in-stock products

CGN Regular

Maybe a wait list for not-in-stock products

Just a suggestion here (not my role to tell you how to run your business, as I'm very happy with you and a long time, loyal customer.)

But, received an email today for a gun I've been waiting for a long time.
    I called 11 minutes after the email was sent only to be told the gun was already sold out.
    I understand and appreciate that sometimes you receive small shipments, and that "times are different", but how about a implementing a wait list, where those who sign up first get contacted first, and so on, instead of a race as to who call call you the quickest.

Thanks,

Cant you just call and pay a deposit to order the gun you want?

With your idea you could have still been 100th on the list. Someone could be on 3rd on the list, but priorities change in 6 months. So #3 doesnt want it. Neither does 4-88.

Thats a lot of work and time for an employee to contact people when they can just list it and sell it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr33zi3 View Post
    Cant you just call and pay a deposit to order the gun you want?

With your idea you could have still been 100th on the list. Someone could be on 3rd on the list, but priorities change in 6 months. So #3 doesn't want it. Neither does 4-88.

That's a lot of work and time for an employee to contact people when they can just list it and sell it.
    This. Waitlists with no commitment upfront are a time suck for retail. What do you do with the guy who was 10th in line and only 10 came in, but you had to leave a voicemail? Do you wait 24, 48 hours for him to get back to you, or do you move on to #11 and deal with angry #10 when he calls back? You snooze you lose sounds good until you try and build your business on it.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.