Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If You Need It, Get Your Ammo Quick.

Things are only going to get crazier down there, unfortunately. We know cartridges are being affected, but is it the same situation for 12 gauge shells?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ipscshooters's Avatar
    Frontier is correct, get as much as you can ASAP, but most knew about this a year ago

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Marlon. I’m not quite sure how a business owner letting people know that HE can’t get ammo is “fear monger in”, but I’m sure that in 3 months people will be on your case because you don’t have any ammo now that they want to buy.

I’ve heard the exact same thing from Phil at P & D, both in person and on this site. He actually started a thread ( much like this one) to let people know that he’s never seen anything like this in his life, and that there WILL be shortages coming. That was followed by about 4 pages of people telling him that he didn’t know what he was talking about, that this happens every 4 years, and basically accusing him of lying to try and sell more ammo.

Looks like this thread is headed the same way.
    Oh no, I believe this is worse than ever before. And it will get better. It may take time, but my guess is Federal and Winchester will double down on ammo production. They kind of have to. Especially Winchester with them getting the next 9mm production contract for the US military. Biden and Harris are going to have conniption fits about ammo production doubling, but that's the price of being the President of the country with the most guns in the world. They may try to cut off credit cards for purchasing ammo, but people will find a way. Always have, always will.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    ...They may try to cut off credit cards for purchasing ammo, but people will find a way. Always have, always will.
    Not sure about the CC companies; they're probably one of the few that are greedier than the politicians. I do, however, agree that people always will, and always have found other forms of currency. We're just getting fancier and more sophisticated i.e. Bitcoin...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel31 View Post
    Things are only going to get crazier down there, unfortunately. We know cartridges are being affected, but is it the same situation for 12 gauge shells?
    When they shift most production to focus on centrefire rifle cartridges it will be

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman762 View Post
    Yankees are also paying double MSRP for reloading tools, especially progressive presses. I jumped on a NIB Hornady LnL in the EE because I saw them going for $1000 USD on eBay. Ditto for 223 and 9mm reloading dies. Even Cabelas.ca is showing no online stock. When Lee dies are selling for $80+ US you know there's high demand!

Good thing I just bought 1000's of bullets and primers. Just wish I could have afforded more because stock on my preferred projectiles is now pretty much zero. Heck, I was looking for certain Lee bullet molds and moat of those are sold out, too! Might have to support the smaller mold makers in the States, which is probably a good thing. People are buying anything and everything.
    I got in on a xl 750 on sale early in 2020 very glad I did. Just a heads up I bought a noe bullet mold before Christmas and it still hasn't showed up. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by Wolfrya1; 01-19-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Not sure about the CC companies; they're probably one of the few that are greedier than the politicians. I do, however, agree that people always will, and always have found other forms of currency. We're just getting fancier and more sophisticated i.e. Bitcoin...
    They've been moving to this for years. Basically telling companies their association with firearms companies is unacceptable. Not mandated on a government level, but other business interests (I'm assuming Bloomberg) and others basically give them an ultimatum of "we will go to a different provider if you don't cut off access to gun companies." It's a very smart, disingenuous and evil way of going for gun control without actually having government backing or approval.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just having some fun View Post
    Prices for primers in the usa GB are north of $200/1000

22 rf are approaching $1 round

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    The buyer is going to pay probably somewhere around $20 - $30 for shipping on top of the $320 and the auction wasn't over, wow!
    Last edited by RVG_Don; 01-19-2021 at 02:17 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    This is nothing like Obama times...

People are lined up at all gun stores around the US

This is a time never seen before with senile Biden at the helm a pandemic/China the list goes on...
    This!

25,000 troops in the capital ...nothing like this before ... everyone will be scared and trying to buy. It’ll be like the toilet paper .. I got one case, but maybe I should get two and so on and so on.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast