If You Need It, Get Your Ammo Quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier Firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 99.2%
367   3   0
This is not an advertisement for our stores ammo, because we do not have much left. When we tried to re-order, everyone was sold out. Buy it while you can and where you can, because this situation will not correct itself for some time.

Hunting rounds are not as rare yet, but as demand for the big three (9mm, 223, & 308), goes up, production focus will shift away from hunting to handgun/black rifle rounds. 22LR is not much of a money maker for the ammo companies and is normally the first to limit or cease production in favor of others.

It is perhaps a 2 weeks away from really being noticed. 9mm is selling for up to $2 per round and 223 is selling for around $1.00-$1.50. There was a Canadian company who purchased most of the distributor inventory in Canada and exported it back to the USA when they relized that there was a premium to be made on the market down there.

Prices will probally not rise here, more likely product will just disapear.

Somone I know well from the USA asked me where he could by 223 ammo. I told him that, I had no idea and asked him why he wanted more (he had 8 cases). He said he was buying it for the purpose of using it as currency incases things head south. If even 5% of the nation starts to think that way, you are looking at months or years of shortages.

Last edited:
Not to hijack and I know it’s not your business either but mark my words.

Mid to mid/high level optics are going to be the next to disappear off vendor shelves, with limited and delayed restocks.

Hunting rounds are not as rare yet, but as demand for the big three (9mm, 223, & 308), goes up, production focus will shift away from hunting to handgun/black rifle rounds. 22LR is not much of a money maker for the ammo companies and is normally the first to limit or cease production in favor of others.

It is perhaps a 2 weeks away from really being noticed. 9mm is selling for up to $2 per round and 223 is selling for around $1.00-$1.50. There was a Canadian company who purchased most of the distributor inventory in Canada and exported it back to the USA when they relized that there was a premium to be made on the market down there.

Prices will probally not rise here, more likely product will just disapear.

Somone I know well from the USA asked me where he could by 223 ammo. I told him that, I had no idea and asked him why he wanted more (he had 8 cases). He said he was buying it for the purpose of using it as currency incases things head south. If even 5% of the nation starts to think that way, you are looking at months or years of shortages.

Do we know who did this? I get it from a business sense but as a sport shooter in Canada wiping out our stocks to turn a quick profit south of the border doesn’t sit well with me. Again I get the business sense but for those of us planning our purchases that pretty much destroys our ability to get our hands on product we’ve been budgeting for and slowly buyer.

Sob story and mini rant over.

A buddy of mine in Texas just sent me a text with a picture of local Federal Value pac .22LR(525) rounds for 244.99, I kid you not. Of course only some would pay that but if you are the kind of shooter that only buys a couple boxes of say rimfire you might be a bit dissapointed soon. My buddy checked a few other places near Houston and found same thing. Says primers are non existant in his area and powders also scarce.

A buddy of mine in Texas just sent me a text with a picture of local Federal Value pac .22LR(525) rounds for 244.99, I kid you not. Of course only some would pay that but if you are the kind of shooter that only buys a couple boxes of say rimfire you might be a bit dissapointed soon. My buddy checked a few other places near Houston and found same thing. Says primers are non existant in his area and powders also scarce.

That's completely insane!

ht tps://www.gunbroker.com/item/889877244
1000 9mm blazer $825 23 bids and still open

303b Ball 500 rounds $550 and bidding is still open .. Plus its in a ammo can

The US guys take their ammo supply way more serious than the average Canadian that will never pay anything close to those silly prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom