Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If You Need It, Get Your Ammo Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Hunting rounds are not as rare yet, but as demand for the big three (9mm, 223, & 308), goes up, production focus will shift away from hunting to handgun/black rifle rounds. 22LR is not much of a money maker for the ammo companies and is normally the first to limit or cease production in favor of others.

It is perhaps a 2 weeks away from really being noticed. 9mm is selling for up to $2 per round and 223 is selling for around $1.00-$1.50. There was a Canadian company who purchased most of the distributor inventory in Canada and exported it back to the USA when they relized that there was a premium to be made on the market down there.

Prices will probally not rise here, more likely product will just disapear.

Somone I know well from the USA asked me where he could by 223 ammo. I told him that, I had no idea and asked him why he wanted more (he had 8 cases). He said he was buying it for the purpose of using it as currency incases things head south. If even 5% of the nation starts to think that way, you are looking at months or years of shortages.
    Thanks for the heads up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    "fear mongering"
    It's reality, you're completely out to lunch if you can't recognize wanting ammo and not being able to buy it at all is going to be reality for at least a bit moving forward. It's already happening, it's not a "may happen".
    Just looking on ammobin.ca for things like 7.62x39 shows how low stock has gotten. Most barnual bulk is gone, and the price has been steadily rising. Click most the links over there and things are just sold out.

I stocked up on reloading supplies today from a different vendor, but still appreciate the heads up. I have bought a handgun from Frontier & they were great. It’s not fear mongering or any dis-service at all. Hats off to you Frontier... I hope to buy another from you sometime soon

As to who the Canadian business was that sold out to the US... who could blame them? Profit is not a dirty word
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridersfan View Post
    I stocked up on reloading supplies today from a different vendor, but still appreciate the heads up. I have bought a handgun from Frontier & they were great. It’s not fear mongering or any dis-service at all. Hats off to you Frontier... I hope to buy another from you sometime soon

As to who the Canadian business was that sold out to the US... who could blame them? Profit is not a dirty word
    It would seem that Canadian business has studied The Rules of Acquisition rather thoroughly. The Grand Nagus could only hope for such a deal. Hard to blame anyone from wanting to earn a profit.

A dog's number one rule:
    Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fully aware I'm Living the Dream.

Except in this case everyone expects the guard dog shouldn’t bite anyone. Not much of a guard dog
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    I pay my house off if 22lr is $1usd/round lol

Except in this case everyone expects the guard dog shouldn’t bite anyone. Not much of a guard dog
    *SMH Beam me up Scotty *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Fully aware I'm Living the Dream.

Thanks for the heads up Marlon. I’m not quite sure how a business owner letting people know that HE can’t get ammo is “fear monger in”, but I’m sure that in 3 months people will be on your case because you don’t have any ammo now that they want to buy.

I’ve heard the exact same thing from Phil at P & D, both in person and on this site. He actually started a thread ( much like this one) to let people know that he’s never seen anything like this in his life, and that there WILL be shortages coming. That was followed by about 4 pages of people telling him that he didn’t know what he was talking about, that this happens every 4 years, and basically accusing him of lying to try and sell more ammo.

Looks like this thread is headed the same way.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yankees are also paying double MSRP for reloading tools, especially progressive presses. I jumped on a NIB Hornady LnL in the EE because I saw them going for $1000 USD on eBay. Ditto for 223 and 9mm reloading dies. Even Cabelas.ca is showing no online stock. When Lee dies are selling for $80+ US you know there's high demand!

Good thing I just bought 1000's of bullets and primers. Just wish I could have afforded more because stock on my preferred projectiles is now pretty much zero. Heck, I was looking for certain Lee bullet molds and moat of those are sold out, too! Might have to support the smaller mold makers in the States, which is probably a good thing. People are buying anything and everything.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast