Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If You Need It, Get Your Ammo Quick.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

If You Need It, Get Your Ammo Quick.

This is not an advertisement for our stores ammo, because we do not have much left. When we tried to re-order, everyone was sold out. Buy it while you can and where you can, because this situation will not correct itself for some time.

Im lucky I dont need it!

I dont even reload yet but i stocked up on everything i would need for a couple of my hunting calibers.

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Other than the obvious 9mm and .223/5.56, what are the other calibers that will be hard to find?
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Hunting rounds are not as rare yet, but as demand for the big three (9mm, 223, & 308), goes up, production focus will shift away from hunting to handgun/black rifle rounds. 22LR is not much of a money maker for the ammo companies and is normally the first to limit or cease production in favor of others.

It is perhaps a 2 weeks away from really being noticed. 9mm is selling for up to $2 per round and 223 is selling for around $1.00-$1.50. There was a Canadian company who purchased most of the distributor inventory in Canada and exported it back to the USA when they relized that there was a premium to be made on the market down there.

Prices will probally not rise here, more likely product will just disapear.

Somone I know well from the USA asked me where he could by 223 ammo. I told him that, I had no idea and asked him why he wanted more (he had 8 cases). He said he was buying it for the purpose of using it as currency incases things head south. If even 5% of the nation starts to think that way, you are looking at months or years of shortages.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 01-18-2021 at 08:55 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    Thank you for the heads up. Very honest...

How is the supply of 7.62x39?

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    There's enough ammo for everyone when everyone chills out. The US needs to chill out. Every 4 years this happens and it's exhausting.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If people haven’t seen this coming they have been living under a rock, get it now if you need it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not to hijack and I know it’s not your business either but mark my words.

Mid to mid/high level optics are going to be the next to disappear off vendor shelves, with limited and delayed restocks.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    Hunting rounds are not as rare yet, but as demand for the big three (9mm, 223, & 308), goes up, production focus will shift away from hunting to handgun/black rifle rounds. 22LR is not much of a money maker for the ammo companies and is normally the first to limit or cease production in favor of others.

It is perhaps a 2 weeks away from really being noticed. 9mm is selling for up to $2 per round and 223 is selling for around $1.00-$1.50. There was a Canadian company who purchased most of the distributor inventory in Canada and exported it back to the USA when they relized that there was a premium to be made on the market down there.

Prices will probally not rise here, more likely product will just disapear.

Somone I know well from the USA asked me where he could by 223 ammo. I told him that, I had no idea and asked him why he wanted more (he had 8 cases). He said he was buying it for the purpose of using it as currency incases things head south. If even 5% of the nation starts to think that way, you are looking at months or years of shortages.
    Do we know who did this? I get it from a business sense but as a sport shooter in Canada wiping out our stocks to turn a quick profit south of the border doesn’t sit well with me. Again I get the business sense but for those of us planning our purchases that pretty much destroys our ability to get our hands on product we’ve been budgeting for and slowly buyer.

Sob story and mini rant over.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    Prices for primers in the usa GB are north of $200/1000

22 rf are approaching $1 round
    Democracy is by having elected representatives vote the will of the constituents.
    A Smart Person Learns from their Mistakes, A Wise Person learns from the Mistakes of Others.
    If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is Opinion.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast