Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henry Big Boy X Model Lever Action Rifle in .357 and .44 Available Now!

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    I don't think there is a rule.

This forum where you are posting is actually their paid space.

More like etiquette.

Perhaps Rangeview Sports paid more for these.

I've noticed some really good deals from Rangeview previously.

If you want to let someone know of a cheaper price,PM them.

Or just say there is cheaper alternatives and let them research it.

As to availability, one of the mentioned dealers doesn't have stock and the other only has one.

Yours is an interesting perspective, and to be honest you could be right... but my initial reaction differs. I think if you post to a forum (your paid space or not) you should expect discussion. In this case the discussion was about their price point vs the industry standard price point. There are lots of other marketing options where there is no discussion. I noticed someone mentioned you should conduct yourself in a companies forum the same as you would in their store. I would have no issue going into there store as saying "hey guys, love this rifle would you consider selling it at the same price as some of your competitors?"

Yes, almost every store sells out of these rifles within a few days, and I think that was the initial point of the post. These are an in demand item but it is frustrating when a company increase a price over MSRP just because the rifle is in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubgoat View Post
    Yours is an interesting perspective, and to be honest you could be right... but my initial reaction differs. I think if you post to a forum (your paid space or not) you should expect discussion. In this case the discussion was about their price point vs the industry standard price point. There are lots of other marketing options where there is no discussion. I noticed someone mentioned you should conduct yourself in a companies forum the same as you would in their store. I would have no issue going into there store as saying "hey guys, love this rifle would you consider selling it at the same price as some of your competitors?"

Yes, almost every store sells out of these rifles within a few days, and I think that was the initial point of the post. These are an in demand item but it is frustrating when a company increase a price over MSRP just because the rifle is in demand.

Your opinion is appreciated however your personal facts are meaningless.

That someone are the "Forum Rules" perhaps more of you should read them instead of flaming off.

Manner and Etiquette in the Business Member Forums

The business forums are the private forums of the paid business members. When you enter into their forums, you should see yourself as entering into their virtual store fronts. Therefore, it is a reasonable to behave in the same manner and observe the same etiquette as if you are meeting the store staff and owners in person. If you are rude or attempt to disrupt their business in their own forums or storefronts, they have the right to remove your postings and presence, and ask you not to post in their forums(or enter their storefronts) again. If you don’t cease and desist after you have been asked to stop by the store owner, that will be consider as harassment. If you do not agree with their prices, move along. The business forum is NOT the place you will use the prices of other businesses to attempt to obtain price match, or to advertise prices and availability of businesses other than the owner of that particular business forum.

Furthermore, if you have an issue with a business member, it is a common practice to make an attempt to resolve the issue with the business member privately. ( A reasonable person will not enter a store and scream at the top of him lung to gather everyone's attention and make a scene, will he?) If you have not been able to resolve this issue and made a posting in the forum, the issue could only be posted once. If a member has a particular issue with a business member and the issue is being purposely and repeatedly posted in the business member's forum, the business member can ask you to stop. If it continues, it will be treated as harassment and the moderator may step in and apply forum rules.

This policy is part of the forum rules. All forum rules will be enforced.

LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Your opinion is appreciated however your personal facts are meaningless.

That someone are the "Forum Rules" perhaps more of you should read them instead of flaming off.

Manner and Etiquette in the Business Member Forums

The business forums are the private forums of the paid business members. When you enter into their forums, you should see yourself as entering into their virtual store fronts. Therefore, it is a reasonable to behave in the same manner and observe the same etiquette as if you are meeting the store staff and owners in person. If you are rude or attempt to disrupt their business in their own forums or storefronts, they have the right to remove your postings and presence, and ask you not to post in their forums(or enter their storefronts) again. If you don’t cease and desist after you have been asked to stop by the store owner, that will be consider as harassment. If you do not agree with their prices, move along. The business forum is NOT the place you will use the prices of other businesses to attempt to obtain price match, or to advertise prices and availability of businesses other than the owner of that particular business forum.

Furthermore, if you have an issue with a business member, it is a common practice to make an attempt to resolve the issue with the business member privately. ( A reasonable person will not enter a store and scream at the top of him lung to gather everyone's attention and make a scene, will he?) If you have not been able to resolve this issue and made a posting in the forum, the issue could only be posted once. If a member has a particular issue with a business member and the issue is being purposely and repeatedly posted in the business member's forum, the business member can ask you to stop. If it continues, it will be treated as harassment and the moderator may step in and apply forum rules.

This policy is part of the forum rules. All forum rules will be enforced.

Good to know, thanks for passing along the rules. As mentioned before I have not been on the board long and am still learning.

FYI, you and I have a different definition of "flaming off" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enjoy your Friday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123