Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOSSBERG 590 Retrograde 12GA 18.5 inch barrel WALNUT 7 shots heatshield

Quote Originally Posted by Nordicman View Post
    Does this include the mounting hardware for the heat shield? In May 2020 I purchased this firearm from Durham Outdoors; the mounting hardware did not come with it, just a loose head shield, and Durham did not know where to get it. I contacted Mossberg and they directed me to Wolverine Supplies in Virden Manitoba. 50 for so bucks later I had the mounting hardware. Just a heads up as this is a hassle and an extra expense if not included.
    Sounds about right for Durham

We'll I just purchased a Mossberg 500 from Wolverine Supplies (free shipping)

Does this include the mounting hardware for the heat shield? In May 2020 I purchased this firearm from Durham Outdoors; the mounting hardware did not come with it, just a loose head shield, and Durham did not know where to get it. I contacted Mossberg and they directed me to Wolverine Supplies in Virden Manitoba. 50 for so bucks later I had the mounting hardware. Just a heads up as this is a hassle and an extra expense if not included.
    Well Durham....what is the answer?
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

CGN Regular
    I purchased one from these guys as well, no screws for the heat shield. When i emailed them this was the response i got (copy paste from email)

"Dear sir, yes, the heat shield is actually free from us, the distributor
    supply no heat shield with the gun and we managed to find some and put
    into box as free gift. But we can not have the mount screw at the same
    time as they are different SKUs, so at this point we can not supply the
    screws but I think other screws can be used to secure it. Tks!"

Needless to say i was very disappointed, as the gun was sold to me advertised as having a heat shield (installed no less, a selling point for many myself included). Hopefully they've rectified this supply issue and the guns now come with everything advertised.

I got one of these a few months back from another retailer for the Same price. They had 2 in stock and both had the heat shield installed. I have never seen one without the heat shield actually installed. Seems odd to “include” the heat shield without it installed much less not even include the the hardware.
    Love the shotgun by the way.

Edit: Screw you autocorrect. Stop replacing my intended words with other bloody words.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I got one of these a few months back from another retailer for the Same price. They had 2 in stock and both had the heat shield installed. I have never seen one without the heat shield actually installed. Seems odd to “include” the heat shield without it installed much less not even include the the hardware.
    Love the shotgun by the way.

Edit: Screw you autocorrect. Stop replacing my intended words with other bloody words.
    I have the 20" model, the heat shield should be already installed from the factory. The walnut is very nice on this shotgun, Mossberg did a good job on mine. From what I can tell the retrograde Nightstick model has a cheaper wood, not walnut.

My 590 20" (non-A1) has the bayo lug, by the way.

Business Member
    This shipment has heatshield installed. Last shipment we had this same model came without heatshield at all, we managed to find some heatshield only and put into package for free. But we have no where to find the screws even our distributor has none.

Sorry Durham, but that explanation is slightly off; no 'free' item was included. The firearm I purchased from you was represented as coming with the heat shield installed at the price point advertised. The photo showed a completely installed heat shield, hardware et al. I know you are trying to do the right thing and am happy that you have made it clear that this batch has all the goodies included. Durham Outdoors, from what I have seen and read, is an honest and reputable company, doing a difficult job in a weird and unsettled time. I have regarded the past situation as just one of those that just occasionally happen to the best of us. By the by, the shotgun itself is awesome to look at, very fun to shoot and would recommend the purchase.
    My wallet does not like this hobby!

CGN Regular
    Something is not right.I went to the Mossberg site and all come from the factory WITH a heat shield xcept the 18 inch 500 # 50429. Price U.S is $553.00 Part #52150 [ I have on order from another vendor ] is the Retrograde WITH bayo mount. It differs from the A1 by having different barrell and sights. Price U.S. $609,00.
    Last edited by johnny the boy; 01-25-2021 at 09:35 AM.

We want the bead sight with bayo mount

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast