Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: Laugo Arms Alien

Got mine a few hours ago. I'm going to be in the basement for a while..

Super GunNutz
    First time at range today with mine. It's a super smooth shooter, with hardly any recoil or jump. Trigger is excellent best I've ever used. I'll hold off on any negatives until I put a few more rounds thru it.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tripoli99 View Post
    First time at range today with mine. It's a super smooth shooter, with hardly any recoil or jump. Trigger is excellent best I've ever used. I'll hold off on any negatives until I put a few more rounds thru it.
    Thanks for your business and the review!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by tripoli99 View Post
    So you admit it's worth $5,000.00 then?
    Make certain that you Enjoy life! You are never going to be younger than you are today.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by NHunter View Post
    So you admit it's worth $5,000.00 then?
    At $5,000 for the serious shooter, yes. You might get the same performance in a less expensive pistol, but if you are budget conscious about anything in high performance sports or hobbies, you may want to re focus your interests. Now having said that, I'm not a serious shooter, but I think owning the Alien will result in some of my other 9mms getting sold, because I doubt I will ever shoot them again.

I have put 800 rounds through mine. I echo the sentiment that some of my other 9mm will be used less. I feel maintenance is more time consuming due to the carbon build up on the piston. That's about the only "con".

CGN Regular
    Hi, any update on the ETA?

Angry Very Unhappy with Tactical Imports over lack of customer service concerns.

Let me give you a little background history.

I was part of the last Laugo "Alien" order.
    I ordered and paid deposits of 25% plus accessories for not 1, not 2 but 5 Alien Exclusives.

The deposits alone on these pistols was in between $8000-$10000. These payments were made in good faith near Valentines Day 2021 with an expected delivery of Fall 2021.

Fast forward to November 16th, 2021. The pistols have hit customs time to pay remainder of the balance which is just over $22000. Tactical Imports tells me my pistols will clear customs in a week. I pay the entire $22000 remainder of the balance. Tactical Imports tells me guns have cleared customs and will ship out the next week.

About a week later I get an email from Nadine sorry but we are short pistols and you will not get your entire order....

I ask how many am I getting out of the 5, I paid for.

I get a response 1.... I ask why I was charged for 5 if they were not in the country yet.

I ask Tactical imports how the pistols were allocated as I paid my entire bill with minutes of receiving it.

Tactical Imports responds they were allocated in order of payment.

I ask how could I only get 1 if I paid for all 5 at once, did I just make the cutoff for the last pistol.

Tactical Imports writes me back they are sending me a few pistols the next week.

I ask how many is a few?

Tactical Imports writes back 1.

I write Tactical imports and ask why I was charged for 5 if they knew I was only getting 1.

Nick the CEO writes me back. Sorry the shipper screwed up and only half our order showed up, not our fault condolences. Your pistols should arrive next week, clear customs and you should get them in about 2 weeks time.

I express my dismay with this scenario and ask why I was charged $22000 without my product even being in the country but having been told they were at customs. I ordered 5 pistols for 4 shooting buddies and myself. I told them we pay when pistols hit customs so money only sits on my card for a week. No interest no big deal. Well situation has changed now pistols are not coming in a week. They are coming 5 weeks later and I am stuck with an overloaded credit card. I ask if Tactical Imports can do anything to make up for the error on their end.

I get crickets back.

Now I get a Registration Confirmation from the RCMP for 5 Alien pistols in the mail now registered to my name. 4 of these have not even made it into the country yet. I phone Nick and leave a message asking if I have to contact RCMP and let them know there is an error and how can we fix it as Tactical Imports has registered and transferred custody of 5 pistols into my name 4 of which are in limbo out of the Country.

I get a response from Nick the CEO he tells me the delay is no big deal and it's not their fault or problem. He then says he can cancel my order. He has been sitting on my $22000 for over 3 weeks and sitting on my deposit of $10000 for 8 months of waiting.......

No friendly offer of a discount for the issues I am experiencing, no offer of some free accessories for the pistols ordered. No real apology just it's out of our control so we don't care that your upset. We just want your money that's the bottom line.

I told him I was really unhappy with the lack of customer service. He does not even bother to respond.

I am still in limbo with if I have to call the RCMP. I have emailed him 2x asking for advice or direction but no responses.

Very Frustrated over the whole transaction and lack of apparent care over customer service complaints.

Am I over reacting or do I have a legitimate concern here. I told him I was an active member of CGN.

CGN Regular
    I would expect TI to offer a refund of the balance paid for the 4 pistols that are not in their hands and maintain the deposit as per original transaction with the amount owing due prior to shipping. Any less and I'd be calling the. RCMP to ask if they are able to initiate registration certificates/transfers for restricted firearms that are not in their possession, let alone the country.

I would say you're under reacting to the situation. I wouldn't let them off the phone without a refund (while maintaining a deposit for items you've been waiting for).

Best of luck to you.