Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Henry Warranty and Parts in Canada

Henry Warranty and Parts in Canada

Hi Henry Repeating Arms,

Welcome to CGN! Myself, and many of my friends are big fans of your rifles and shotguns! The addition of traditional style, quality built firearms has been a boon to hunting and target shooting in Canada. Beyond this, your lifelong guarantee provides some real peace of mind when deciding on making an investment into one of your products.

Unfortunately, I've had to use this guarantee. My H010 45-70 suffers from some of the flaws common to the first production run of that model (occasional lock-up issues, low point of impact). I sent the rifle in for warranty work to your Canadian affiliate (Grech Outdoors). The work took a while and when I phoned for an update, I wasn't given any info. This is fine as long as the work is good. Shops are busy places and parts can take awhile to show up in Canada (I've heard far worse stories from people waiting on parts for other brands). When the rifle showed back up (completely unexpectedly) I found that the lock-up issue seemed to have been solved. I had kind of expected the point of impact issue to be handled by the smith updating the rifle from the barrel band sight to the separate front sight and magazine-barrel spacer that the newer H010s have. However, the smith's solution to the sight issue was to grind an uneven chunk off of the front sight and splash some bluing agent over the stump. Aesthetically, this left a lot to be desired on an otherwise very handsome rifle. I could have lived with this if it resolved the accuracy issue. Unfortunately, while the fix had brought up the POI, the rifle was still hitting consistently quite low (~6 inches low at 50 yards with the rear sight at max elevation) with a variety of ammunition.

So now I've got a rifle with an ugly front sight that still shoots low. (Pics of the front sight here: https://imgur.com/a/T3SwRnf)

Any recommendations? I'm hesitant to send the rifle back to Ontario. Shipping isn't cheap, and every round trip risks damaging the rifle. One alternative would be to send the barrel band to Skinner Sights to have it dovetailed for a new sight. That would involve sending the band into the US and back which risks it being lost, or confiscated by an overzealous customs agent, and would then mean I have a useless rifle, and no clear way to get a new barrel band in Canada. I could just put an optic on it, but I like the way it looks with iron sights, and seems to be a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

tl;dr A factory issue was turned into a cosmetic issue without fixing the actual problem by Henry's Canadian warranty provider - and I am unsure of what to do about it.

Maybe we can use this thread for other people who have had similar issues with Henry's warranty in Canada.

There is another thread about the iffy warranty work in Canada . The thread gives the email address of the Henry’s President and owner. He answers his emails

Grech does questionable work and John is a miserable dick to deal with. Guy has no business being the warranty rep for Henry, especially with the reputation Henry has built for their customer service and charitable acts. Ive been lucky enough to avoid having to send something in to him, but I've had to get in touch a couple times for parts, first time I was told to buy it from somewhere else, second time I asked about something listed on the site and was ignored, which seems to be what most people experience.

I have no idea how he is the warranty guy for Chiappa, Henry and a couple other.

Business Member
    Really sorry to hear about this experience you've had with Grech Outdoors. I plan on passing this along to our Product/Export Manager who works with Grech on a regular basis to see if there's something that we can do to help out here. In the meantime, can you please send me an email to dan@henryusa.com in the event that I need to follow-up for some more information?

I truly wonder how Henry Repeating Arms will deal with this totally unacceptable problem and warranty issue.

I like Henry firearms but would not purchase another one due to potential issues and having to deal with the present Canadian warranty service.

OP I suggest you send your letter to the President of Henry Arms.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Grech does questionable work and John is a miserable dick to deal with. Guy has no business being the warranty rep for Henry, especially with the reputation Henry has built for their customer service and charitable acts. Ive been lucky enough to avoid having to send something in to him, but I've had to get in touch a couple times for parts, first time I was told to buy it from somewhere else, second time I asked about something listed on the site and was ignored, which seems to be what most people experience.

I have no idea how he is the warranty guy for Chiappa, Henry and a couple other.
    What about Wolverine supplies.

I have not sent my H015 in for the trigger recall specifically because Grech is the worst to deal with. It sucks, but I don't want to wait 8-10 months just to get my rifle back damaged and unrepaired.

If Henry would ship parts out I'd have someone I know is actually capable of repair and not an unreasonable to deal with jerk, fix my rifle at my own cost.

I'd rather pay my own money to fix a defect than risk Grech.
    Last edited by Dave_K; 11-18-2020 at 12:00 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Repeating Arms View Post
    Really sorry to hear about this experience you've had with Grech Outdoors. I plan on passing this along to our Product/Export Manager who works with Grech on a regular basis to see if there's something that we can do to help out here. In the meantime, can you please send me an email to dan@henryusa.com in the event that I need to follow-up for some more information?
    Business relationships are very important to me...

I was considering a Henry for my next purchase.
    Right now? I am content to wait to see how this sorts itself out.

I am waiting through order fulfillment for a custom Marlin Scabbard with El Paso Saddlery.
    The order is approaching its 4th month despite claims of 8-12 week fulfillment. I really wish I'd paid attention to customer care reports.

Encouraged that Henry has responded but if the experiences are as bad as reported I wont buy until they are sorted out - either through an attitude adjustment with their arms length service provider or through replacement to something better.
    Last edited by sprint; 11-18-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    I had a small issue with my Henry and reading some threads about grech outdoors i went over their head and emailed the president of henry directly. He got back to me 2 days later sent me a new part and $50 worth of Henry Rifle merchandise. Fantastic company but bad warranty provider in Canada. They should really pick someone else. Henry rifles are awesome.
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election

Hi everyone, I've messaged Dan from Henry and will post an update when things get sorted.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast