Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tara TM9, 9mm, 4.5 inch Pistol - $279.99 and Free Shipping

CGN frequent flyer diabeticfreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockRocker View Post
    Ordered out of curiosity, I'm going to see how it stacks up against my Glocks.
    Keep us updated on that, I'm interested too.
    "The greatest honour history can bestow is that of the peacemaker."

Quote Originally Posted by henry183 View Post
    Does this gun use Glock mag?
    I thought every gun take glock mags, lol

To purchase this pistol a buyer must have three prerequisites, all three mandatory:
    1. Valid R/PAL
    2. Funds
    3. Leap of faith
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

At first glance the Tara looks very Glock-ish but side by side there are differences. The polymer on the Tara feels solid, as far as polymer goes, but it feels less refined than the Glock and it has a few rough edges, very minor but they are there. The takedown is different, it has a little spring loaded lever instead of Glocks takedown tabs. Once the Tara is apart it looks very much like a Glock. The magazines are metal and the release notch is on the upper front part of the magazine instead of the side like Glock. The mag release is fully ambidextrous and can be released from either side without switching anything around. The trigger is the biggest difference, it's a heavier pull than a standard Glock and a bit gritty, but the trigger can be pulled over and over without racking the slide which is very different from other striker fired pistols. The pistol feels good in the hand even though there a no interchangeable backstraps. The sights are pretty standard 3 dots. The size and weight are about the same as a Glock 17, I didn't weigh them but they felt similar in hand. I could weigh it if anyone is interested. I haven't shot it yet but once my range opens up I'll put some rounds through it.
    Overall, for a 9mm under $300 that isn't made in China, it's hard to beat. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be.

Pictures are of the Tara, Glock 19 and a Poly80 based on a Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by diabeticfreak View Post
    Keep us updated on that, I'm interested too.

Last edited by GlockRocker; 03-09-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12